Author Topic: Hallo Everyone!  (Read 3110 times)

american lockpicker

Hallo Everyone!
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:00:35 PM »
I'm new to the forum but not to CZs. I used to have a 9mm CZ 75B a few years back and want to get a .32 CZ soon.  :cheesy:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Hallo Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
     First, I want to welcome you to the forum, we are really proud of it and all our members, and are really pleased you choose to join, We strive to help each other if and when we can. I have some Ideas to make this the Best Forum on CZ's, Dan Wesson's, and Brno's there is, Period. I'm still working on some of the things I have allready tried to do and if you see something that looks unfinished or you have an Idea, then please we want you to speak up. I am not saying that I will use the idea but I can always use the help and I will allways listen.
     Second, I know they are boring as heck and it's oart of the "Guy Code" that we never read the instructions ever, But take a couple mins to skim throught them please.
     Third, I am sorry you le tyour CZ 75 B go, but the CZ 83 is a tight little pistol and a good choice for a pocket gun. and really very accurate.
     All that said; Welcome again to the Forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

Heres a pic of my old CZ. It was kinda on the heavy side(I'm a big fan of poly guns and pocket pistols) but its EU made and affordable for what it is.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
shiny, I like that one. Did you buy it OD like that? or have it refinished? And ya they are a tad heavy, but I still carry my 75 A (Pre-Ban) anyway. I'm just stuck in my ways. Course that doesn't mean I don't carry my 82's or the compact from time to time. And of course I carry my 52 about as often but mostly at the range since it sounds like a cannon going off, has a muzzle flash that could start a forest fire in the right conditions, and I worry about the 7.62 x 25 round punching through and through and hitting some innocent bystander.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:19:58 PM »
Its black, for some reason the light in this room makes thinks look like they are different colours. For instance I took a bunch of pics of a Victorinox Spirit and it looks purple instead of stainless.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
Well that's different. What kind of light are you using? Regular incandesent, Flouresent, etc? I have seen color changes a lot in pics, both on this site and more than a couple others, can't say I have seen that sort of color shift before though.  :cool:
Still Black is good, most everything I have that can be called a normal combat weapon is black, or at least not shiny. There are a couple knifes granted, and ok a couple collector pistols, but those are mostly show weapons at actually work.
I'm rambling sorry, It is/was a nice piece. Glad you are coming home to the best.  :angel: :grin:

american lockpicker

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »
I'm using 1 generic 60W incan light bulb.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
     OK got it. Most folks, that's all they have, and when I was a kid, actually in one case more than I had. But try this trick, maybe it will help. Take the thing you want to photograph outside and use natural sunlight to take the shot. Helps with the color shift no end. If you are using a digital camera, then try shots in direct sunlight, indirect sunlight and then one in the shade, Not dark shade just something to block the glare sort of shade. If that made any seance at all. I used to take pictures way back in the dark ages when we had little birds inside the camera chippining out the pic, Then I got a more expensive one using elves to paint the pictures in reverse then had them copied on to special paper. I was fairly good enough at it that I was the in house Photographer for the Local PB Club in New Orleans when they still existed.

OK moving on, Old Geezer humour leaves something to be desired sometimes. Anyway natural light will help a bunch I think, and if you can come up with a natural light lamp/bulb then you can use it 24/7 rain or shine. Which is what I use and the pics more or less came out the correct color.