Author Topic: Hello from New Jersey new CZ custom shop owner.  (Read 1622 times)

27tjglkguy

Hello from New Jersey new CZ custom shop owner.
« on: March 08, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
Hello all,
I had been lurking here for a short while gathering information and trying to decide which route to go. I've had quite a few guns along the way over the last 27 years either connected to my stint in the Marine corps or work related. Most weapons no longer remain with me except my first HG a Colt mk IV govt mod .380 SS.
I've had some great ones and some not so good. The quest for perfection is a long road.
I was looking for a new weapon a reward to myself. I was looking to jump on a CZ of some sort as I've always liked the H-Power design but wasn't able to work it in my need to balance need vs use vs cost etc. So taking the approach for just for fun for me gun I figured it was time.
Now which one, read quite a lot of posts, recommendations, range reports you get the idea. So now after all that now find one, hit the usual spots. Here in NJ we have a magazine capacity restriction so having to figure all that into the mix.
Then one day looking at Gun Broker trying to get me one of these got to have guns, my FFL guy said buy it ship it and get reduced capacity mags and all will work out. So looking for mags I went back on to CZ Customs and an "add to cart" button appeared as if by magic!
So I've jumped in with both feet!

I'm the soon to be delivered CZ COMPACT L Black Manual Safety 9mm owner!  Won't be here till Tuesday so the hands on part will be then. Based on the P01 14 rounds (nj legal) no de-cocker a CZ custom shop work over, should be a good first swim in the pool!

Thanks for all the advice and help you've provided (via prior posts) so far. And thanks in advance for what will be asked in the future.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Hello from New Jersey new CZ custom shop owner.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! First off I would like to thank you for your service!! Glad we could be of help, as always, feel free to ask any questions you may have, as everyone here is very friendly and willing to help. You made a great choice and being a CZ Custom, it should be even more amazing.
Look forward to your range report.

Again, welcome to our forum!

CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad