Author Topic: Arizona Reporting as Ordered  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Chieftain

• Bonafide Old Fart
Arizona Reporting as Ordered
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:22:44 PM »
FNG reporting in.
Just got a very pristine 75 B SA.  Looking forward to campaigning next year with it in the local club matches I shoot.  I Have been shooting for 57 years, Marine Corps 10+ years, and two tours with the 3rd Marine Division in Vietnam. 
Both my daughters shoot, the youngest 23 years old shoots with me occasionally in the local matches.  She stands 4'11" and by her own request I gave her a Colt Combat Elite on her 21st Birthday.  Also got her a Springfield EMP for CCW/EDC.  She also has a EBR with reddot, AK copy, and a double barrel 20ga hammer gun.
Hoping to learn everything there is to know about CZ handguns, from you experienced CZ shooters.
Good luck.
Fred
Semper Fi

“To lead untrained men in to war, is to waste them.” - Confucius

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” - Ayn Rand

Stupid should hurt

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Arizona Reporting as Ordered
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
      You Sir are one of my new Hero's! (I won't even hold the Marines thing against you)  :laugh: I have been carrying a weapon from one place or antother for different reasons for 42 years. I'm sixty and didn't own or even shoot the Military put a weapon in my hand in 1968. And for the last 30  years have carried nothing but a CZ's until lately CZ75-prebans. New and improved never set to well with me so I never fired a 75 B until a year ago. I am working my way through the collection as we type. My daughter is barely taller than yours and the same age. I gave her my original carry weapon (CZ 75 pre-ban). And I will be sending her my W/W model 12 12 gauge, A CZ52 and a set of CZ 82's along with a Shadow. I haven't decided between the CZ 550 UCS w/ NightForce scope .308 or the SAIGA .308. That choice will be up to her when she goes over from Austin to visit. I only have one child and I go a tad overboard about wanting her to be safe. We can't protect them 24/7 no matter what we do. But we can try to teach them everything we know so they can keep them selves as safe as possible.

Anyway, I Personally would not only like to say welcome to the forum (and we hope you'll stay for some time), But say a very Sincere Thank You for your Service to your great nation and the sacrifices it entailed. You and every Military Personal and their families really are my personal hero's.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
     Oh ya I nearly forgot. That CZ you now own is a damn fine weapon. Personally I never have be coordinated enough to own and or use a SA anything, so I personally don't know much about that weapon. But I have spoken to a lot of folks that think SA's and that one in particular are the cat's meow. I think you made a great choice.

My gunclub seems to host a great many different Competitive shooting events both regular and national. So if you are ever down Orlando way let know in advance so I can have the guest room ready and that includes your family also. We have the space I think. 1 guest room, My daughter lives in Austin 50 weeks of the year so her room is also generally available also  and three couches plus floor space, 2 bathrooms no waiting. ( well make that not much waiting if the ladies are prepping to go out )  :laugh:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Chieftain

• Bonafide Old Fart
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
I notice you are in Central Florida.  I am from Melbourne.  Sold the family house and beach house and moved my mother out here in 2005 she passed in 2008.  This is getting a little spooky, my oldest just got her MFA at UT Austin, this month.  While going to graduate school she got married and they bought a house in Austin. 
I had married a Los Angeles girl while in the Corps.  Ruined a great relationship,   But I stayed married for 18 years, and both my daughters were born and raised in Mesa, Arizona.  I live on the opposite side of the valley now in Sun City.
My youngest daughter can't hold up a 12ga double barrel because of the weight her lack of strength.  So I went with plan B and got her the 20ga. 
I was always willing to look at, fondle and shoot the new guns.  After all, we hung our flintlocks just when?  I also decided to put a lot of my cash into guns.  I took a bath in the crash, I used to know real estate, but don't trust it right now.  I don't trust the Market, commodities.  I don't understand gold or silver, so I went with what I do know and understand, guns.  So far it's looking pretty good.

Frankly I like shooting a lot of the new guns.  I like the fact it makes me such a smartass about most guns when I BS with my friends.  I like to push the new guns in competitions and used to run them in various training schools.  (Note: I do not do/use paramilitary training classes, "been there done that")
Interestingly enough, if I knew I was in a fight, my secondary weapon would be a 1911, just because I have successfully used it in combat a few times.  Also have used a 'K' frame S&W in a few firefights. 
These days my Primary weapon outside the house weapon would be a FN SCAR-L Mk16s.  My M1A/M14 stays in the safe these days.  But I am going to acquire one of those Mk17s soon.  Although I keep a 12 ga double hammer gun, alongside my bed, I also have a Benelli M4/S90 ready to rock for inside games.  I don't much care for  a shotgun outside.

These days I have slowed down A LOT.  I am in pretty poor health, but still shoot a couple days a week, except when we run a carbine match, then three times.  But it takes a lot out of me.  I compete, but I am no longer competitive.

I am a life member of both the DAV and NRA.  Use to shoot the heck out of Bullseye and PPC matches, until my arthritis in the elbows stopped me.  So I went to practical shooting, (you can use both hands/arms most of the time) and for about 15 years shot them pretty well.  But the age, breathing, and arthritis are gaining  my heart isn't 100% either.  I am slowly loosing the strength in my hands.  Some days the gun is moving around to much.
Sorry for the meandering and rambling, but it appears that is what I do best these days.

Good luck.

Fred
Semper Fi

“To lead untrained men in to war, is to waste them.” - Confucius

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” - Ayn Rand

Stupid should hurt

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
     No worries my friend. I am in no better shape but as long as I can shoot I will and as long as I can help someone learn something new I will keep talking. I ramble from time to time myself. That is wild about being from Melborne and your daughters in Austin. Actually if she is the one about the same height as my daughter (5' not much) then maybe they should get together some time. My daughter can use the W/W model 12 12 GA just fine since this one is a single barrel 19" pump. Although if anyone thinks that 20 .GA is funny especially in her hands I would love to see the look on their face after she had to use it. ( God, any God, look after them both that they never have to).

I started into the collection myself as a legacy for my daughter. CZ's rarely go down much in value and by the time she has to sell anyone of them for what ever reason the collector pieces I have should help and the rest should do well also.

Semper Fi Marine, if you don't mind an old spook using the term