Author Topic: A father-in-law's gift  (Read 2771 times)

wscrst

A father-in-law's gift
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »
So here is my story.  Raised in NJ with zero involvement with firearms.  As of Dec. 24th 2010 I had only shot a .22 rifle a few times.  Nothing else.  Father-in-law shows up on Christmas day with a present for me.  We do not typically exchange presents.  We have never fired anything together.  The gift is a buckmark .22.  The reason for the gift remains a mystery.  I read.  I take a class.  I shoot.  I become obscessed.  Some internet reading and trips to gun shops tells me that I should purchase a CZ 75 SP-01 tactical.  Not a bad choice for a newbie, wouldn't y'all agree?  Anyway, read into the gift what you will...but I'm having a great time with my new guns in Virginia.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: A father-in-law's gift
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:16:53 PM »
    I can't think of any thing that would make for a better story nor reason to take up the sport of shooting. I hope you and your father-in-law get to sped a lot of time on the range together. One of the more fun ways I know of to get to know someone. Shared experences. And no I think the SP-01 is a great way to start your collection. Enjoy, shoot safe.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36:07 AM »
Thats awesome. Great story, great dad, great times. Some of my most cherished memories are shooting with my dad.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »
safe shooting=good bonding.

I'm glad to see you with us..and

I wish you well with your SP-01 and all the CZs to follow.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.