Author Topic: New 75b to me  (Read 5221 times)

Oaklane

New 75b to me
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »
Just picked up a like new 75b in a trade, unbelieveable gun! I've got a Phantom but like the 75 much better. Accuracy is unreal in these pistols. The previous owner had installed some lighter Wolf springs, hammer and recoil(for his hand loads) and the trigger pull is fantastic in this thing. I shoot it much better than any Hi-power I've ever owned. Just sold a PX4 and waiting for the funds from that to start the search for my next CZ :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: New 75b to me
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
         Go for the Shadow, I have 4 all slightly different. (ok I bought them that way online) and I fraking love them all. Then again I love all my pistols, It's so hard to pick only one as my favorite.  :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Oaklane

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »
So many choices GW!!! I'd really like to find a 97 :cheesy:

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
They are indeed unrealistically accurate. I have no doubt that once I improve my technique, I will shoot groups at 50yds with my 75B the way I do now at 12.5. I used to have the problem of which brand or which caliber I wanted to run with. Now my problem is how will I get enough money for the P-01, P-07, 85 Mak (Yeah, I still want one  :laugh: ), Dan Wesson in 10mm, RAMI in .40, not to mention the rifles and shotguns. I will never have enough cash to slake my thirst!

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 05:02:05 AM »
My first 75B was a trade in. Former owner wanted a 1911 more. Only problem with it was that the mags didn't drop freely. Quick trip to the gunsmith took care of that.

CZs are like potato chips and peanuts, one just isn't enough.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:04:00 AM by Floyd D. Barber »

Oaklane

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 06:39:14 PM »
I just put some half smooth/checkered wood grips on that I ordered from CZ along with the rubber mag base bottoms and my new IWB holster should be here tomorrow or Thurs.!! I tried posting a pic. but it said it was to large, I'm too computer illiterate and old :cheesy: . I'll try again with the new leather when it gets here. There is absolutely nothing I hate about this gun! :smiley:  A shop within an hour of me has a new compact, gotta get rid of a few things first, but IT WILL BE MINE!!! LOL

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »
Which grips were those on the site. I found some, but they didn't say if they were checkered or not. I found some on Hogues site for $75, and they even had the little thumb groove.

Duh, looked again and missed pages 2 and 3 the first time. Found the Coco Bolos 1/2 checkered. Nice looking and good price.    :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:57:51 PM by Floyd D. Barber »

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
Checked out the 1/2 checkered, ordered a set for my Stainless. .

Oaklane

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
Floyd...
You'll be happy with them. I just got my new IWB holster today and it's unbelievably comfortable. I love it...

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
You both made great choices. I am ordering a set of the half/halfs, to go one one of my SP-01's. And the holsters are nice and easy to wear long term.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Oaklane

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:23 PM »
GW...I had Steven Kelley, Kelleys Gunleather make my holster and he did an outstanding job! Carries very well!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »
       I looked at his web page, and I'm thinking about getting one for one of my SP-01's. I just have to decide wether I want an IWB or a OWB.  And I added his web site to the URL list in the Holster Makers section.

Oaklane

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »
Hopefully these turned out

[attachment deleted by admin]