Author Topic: First step in reloading  (Read 4995 times)

Offline sirgilligan

First step in reloading
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
Just got back from the store...

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: First step in reloading
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:27:51 AM »
Single stage presses take a lot of time and patience. RCBS makes a great product though. Kudos for taking that first step into reloading!

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »
IMO... no matter what brand or type press you have, single or progrerssive or turret you still need to have a Rock Chucker too.

How many rocks could a Rock Chucker chuck if a Rock Chucker could chuck rocks?  :rolleyes:
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
I have been watching a lot of videos on reloading, and most everyone has a Rock Chucker setup doing something.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
Oh for sure. It is much faster when first working up a load, die adjustments, etc.
DW
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
A lot of people say they're best for small experimental batches. If you had 5 on a bench, you could do 100 each station in a reasonable amount of time. LOL!

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
A lot of people say they're best for small experimental batches. If you had 5 on a bench, you could do 100 each station in a reasonable amount of time. LOL!
Five for the family. Junior does the resize, Sister seats the primer, Mom drops the powder, Dad seats the bullet and Baby puts them in the box. Crunch out around a 100/hr!
DW
~ James D. Miles

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
Five for the family. Junior does the resize, Sister seats the primer, Mom drops the powder, Dad seats the bullet and Baby puts them in the box. Crunch out around a 100/hr!

I envision it more like the drum kit of Neil Peart of Rush.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:08:27 AM »
 :laugh:  thats funny! I'll try to keep that advice in mind. Sounds like really good advice. But the money trail ran out setting up what I have and this forum, so it may have to wait a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice