Author Topic: New P10c mag release button from Apex Tactical  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Dzczp10

New P10c mag release button from Apex Tactical
« on: August 26, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
Has anyone picked up the new mag release from Apex Tactical for the P10c? How do you like it? I am considering getting one. They are available in unidirectional left hand or right hand. Competition size and tactical size.Thanks
https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/193028

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:58:44 AM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dzczp10

Re: New P10c mag release button from Apex Tactical
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 07:23:09 AM »
I contacted Apex regarding their unidirectional replacement mag release button. There are 2 sizes available explained in detail on their web site.

Applicable To What Gun(s)
For use in the CZ P10c model pistols with an ambidextrous magazine release.
Not for use in newer P10 models with the unidirectional magazine release.

A Competition length is +0.120” longer than factory release and a Tactical length is +0.080” longer than factory release.The Apex customer service rep stated that the competition size may not fit in certain holsters like a Kydex style and did not recommend that size.The Tactical size would work better for that use. Apex has an installation video as well.
I ordered the competition style right handed direct from them. Should be here by end of the week.When I spoke to Brownells they expected them back in stock sometime mid October.

Offline Dzczp10

Re: New P10c mag release button from Apex Tactical installed pics
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 01:24:52 PM »
Finished installing the Apex competition right hand mag release for my P10c today.
Definitely an improvement. I do not have to rotate my right wrist to manipulate the button anymore. I can depress the mag release button and still keep a sight  on the target.It doesn't affect my grip.Nor do I feel it at all in my grip even though it is slightly longer.Took about  20 minutes including  cleaning  the exposed area under the mag release and where the spring is seated.
The first picture is the OEM release.
click this link for pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1xmrzjs4s/

sorry, just getting used to a new image host.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:40:17 PM by Dzczp10 »

Offline tumar

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 09:06:06 AM »
thanks!

Offline raytracer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 12:58:29 AM »
I was looking at the Apex, but went with the HBI because Apex was charging over 1/4 of the price of the part for shipping. This day and age, I refuse to pay inflated shipping charges.