Author Topic: Hello, got my first CZ last night  (Read 3852 times)

Offline sirgilligan

Hello, got my first CZ last night
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
Hello. I just got my first CZ, an 85B.

I researched the CZ line up for some time and I am glad to finally have one.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:55:27 AM by GhostWarrior »

Offline jdr3366

Re: Hello, got my first CZ last night
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to the club.

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »
Welcome to CZ Forum! This place is amazing! You'll find a great group of people here who seem to know all there is to know!

Now that that's out of the way, congrats on the 85. I love CZs, and the classic 75 and 85 just get me going. They are amazing pistols worth, in my opinion at least twice what we pay for them. Have you got to shoot her yet? You're going to love it!

Anyway, we look forward to getting to know you.

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
Thank you.

Last night I read the manual while listening to Joe Bonamassa's Slow Gin. That man can play the guitar!

I bought the CZ 85B from a friend. His hands were just too small to reach the controls. He had ran only two boxes of ammo through the weapon. Zero malfunctions.

I have cleaned it twice, not that it needed cleaning, just that I take it apart and wipe it down and put it back together just to familiarize myself with the weapon. It is ready to go and I hope I can take it to the range today.

I put a drop of oil on the slide release / take down pin and now I can pop it out with a wooden pencil nicely.

I watched a youtube video on how to take the firing pin out, seemed easy enough. I did take two punches, one to push the firing pin block and the other to push the firing pin to see how far it extrudes from the bolt face and it looks just like the setup on the video.

As I was thinking about buying this fine weapon the Hickock45 video came out and I thought it must be fate!

This weapon is going to be a range gun first. It replaces one of my Hi-Powers which now has graduated to Home Defense gun. If it does well, and it should, it will advance in it's responsibilities as well.

Thank you for the welcome. And to quote Hickock's line: "Life is good."

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
           Congratulations, on your acquisition, it's a great weapon. And Welcome to the forum. You have already met some of the members, and I'm sure you will meet others. So enjoy your membership and camaraderie of all our members.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
A hearty Welcome!

The 85s are great guns.

Glad to have you with us.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
       I really do need to remember to make sure things end up where they belong, and I take full responsibility for not keeping better reigns or tabs, or what have you on what gets posted where and why. This is a good example. We started off perfectly OK, New member saying hi and showing off his new pistol. And the we all did our part by saying welcome. nice pistol etc. So far so good.

But where I dropped the ball was by not moving the part where sirgilligan posts his outstanding targets and we (myself in the lead) all answered. I'm going to see if I can move that part an everything under it to where it belongs, But, I'm not really to good in that area so I may have to leave this as is where is. But we ALL need to start working within the paramiters of the boards & topics or this will turn into a hodge podge of MSG being posted willy nilly and making it hard if not impossible for us and our members to actually find an answer in the place we would think that answer  would be.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I will try harder to keep things more organized from no on.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

JoeInCT

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 06:55:54 AM »
GW, don't fret about moving/not moving all the posts. As my Dad used to say, "you haven't lost it, you just can't find it. Keep looking; it's got to be somewhere in the house if you haven't taken it outside!".  :grin:

I sincerely miss my Dad (+1980). A perfect example of the Greatest Generation, he had a good sense about keeping things in priority, or as he put it, "when two bad guys are coming at you, take out the closest one first because he is the more likely of the two to hurt you." Funny how I heard that again from the Range Officer at the Tactical Firing Range during Rifle Training in Basic.

Also reminds me of a work associate, who used to ask, "will I hurt anything if I press this button?"

GW, you have me digressing!

sirgilligan, welcome from a yankee from CT, the Constitution State. When I got my first handgun, a CZ-83 in .380, I decided that CZs would be the core of my gun collection. I ended up with at least one CZ in each of the major US handgun calibers, but skipped past the 85 when a CZ-40B flicked her skirt at me. A beautiful firearm, and my best wishes for thousands of rounds of enjoyment from the 85, and much good fellowship from your comrades here at CZFORUM!

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »
A Fellow Utahan! Sweet! Someone close I can enjoy CZs with. Doesn't get much better!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »
Let the FUN begin!