Author Topic: Taking the plunge  (Read 4159 times)

rpm28

Taking the plunge
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
Hi folks,
I'm from PA and new to the site. Been playing the outlaw 3gun game on & off , starting with single stack.....as round counts escalated I went to plastic guns, and I've finally had enough. A friend let me fire his Witness, so I decided to take a look at the "origional". The more I looked, the more I liked. Getting my ducks in a row for a new 75 SA Target from  CZ Custom. Looking forward to learning from all the experience on this board, and making some new friends.

b5.5dan

Re: Taking the plunge
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Welcome to CZ Forum! We're delighted to have you here!  :cheesy:

I know how you feel about  :cheesy: the tupperware. I tried a few guns before I got my 75B, and I can't imagine liking a pistol more. My 83 comes close though...
Anyway, everyone here is great, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Well, I'm not that knowledgeable, but everyone else is.  :laugh: Any questions, don't :laugh: hesitate to ask. We're here to help!

Dan

james

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
Hi there, yeah i went into the store to buy a glock but I saw a CZ75B in the case when I got there.  My friend had said good things about it so I asked to check it out.  My decision was made immediately.  A pistol is supposed to feel solid and durable, it did, and it went home with me. 

Plastic pistols are fine for ccw and range shooting, but you gotta have a couple work horses around.  Thats where my s&w 686's and the CZ75B come in =D

I want another 75B so the one I have doesnt get lonely though...

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »

I want another 75B so the one I have doesnt get lonely though...

I feel your need. we all here feel your need. I wish my wife felt it. I'll still get another. I just won't be able to let her see them both at the same time.  :laugh:

rpm28

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »
Thanks Dan & James....I'm sure this CZ purchase will not be my last.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
         Welcome to the Forum. And I have a matched? set of CZCustom's CZ 75 P-01 Shadow Competitions. And they are about as shiny as you can get. Angus and his Wizards? Elves? Magician's? do some incredible things with CZ's and a couple others they also work on. The folks at CZ-USA like CJ and his team are no slouches either. They are also great gunsmiths and know their stuff.

Me, I'm not much of a fan of SA anything. I have enough trouble remembering if the safety is off with out having to remember to cock it first also.  :laugh: But, if you have that sort of mussel memory and experience then you are picking your first CZCustom very well.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

rpm28

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
I hear ya about the SA stuff GW, but I'm used to 1911's. It's really a tough choice between the 75 SA or having an SP-01 converted........I'm still not convinced of which model I want. Guess I'll have to find a way to get 'em both. This is gonna turn into an illness.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
          Illness? What do you mean by this word Illness? I do not know of it. I have about 20 give or take CZ's. Is this illness a bad thing? and how do you know you have what ever it is you call illness?  :cool: 

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

rpm28

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:55:09 AM »
This "illness" isn't a bad thing....I just see it resulting in a multiple gun CZ collection.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
      Well ok then, We tend to refer to it around here as "The Addiction" As in "Hello my name is *********and I am a CZ Addict." I haven't bought a CZ in a day, week, month whatever, that sort of thing.  :laugh: 
       You can spot the ones that keep falling off the "wagon" by the number of CZ's they have, and also talk about looking for and or saving up for another CZ Model. Then taking pictures and showing them around to the other Forum members.  :rolleyes:
       Personally I don't think having more CZ's than my local gun store(s) combined, could really be considered an Addiction per say, sort of more like a craving?  :cool:

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Hui There.

You have great taste.

Firstly in your choosing of a CZ and secondly- the beautiful 75 SA Target.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

rpm28

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »
Thanks Kev.....I'm only sure of one thing, I definitely want SAO. I just really wish one of my local CZ dealers had some guns in stock, so I could feel the weight difference between short dust cover and SP-01 guns. A heavier gun doesn't bother me, but if I can get the reg 75 frame to eat up recoil, that's the route I want to go. I know....it's only 9mm, springs, handloads ,etc;.....but for the $ I want to make the best (most informative) decision possible.Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome.