Author Topic: Greetings from places that the Left doesn't respect..  (Read 3144 times)

santahog

Greetings from places that the Left doesn't respect..
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
Been a political animal for about 25 years now.. Seriously for the last 20 or so..
Gulf War Vet, (disabled).. Unashamed Conservative, (conserving American values, not plant life)..
Been armed most of my life except for the Army, (ironic, huh?)..
I'm a Christian.
Rush Limbaugh is one of the greatest blessings of this generation, (but not always right)..
I have no sense of humor that I'm aware of..
Had a bunch of guns over the years. Just bought my 2nd and 3rd CZs. (Gave the first one away to a very dear friend)..
Trying to kick the 1911 .45 habit in favor of more rounds downrange.. My first love will likely always be the 1911 though..

Hello all from (currently in) NE Alabama.
Pleased to meet ya!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Greetings from places that the Left doesn't respect..
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »

Welcome to our forum be it ever so humble. And when I say our forum, I Mean exactly that, this is OUR FORUM. We the people forum. We are here to talk CZ in any size shape or form. We help each other figure out what ever problem they are having, and we all are here to learn, relearn, and teach.

I would certainly like to extend my personal thanks to you and your buddies for your Service to our great Country and to your personal sacrifice. If you looked at all the boards you will see we have one board specifically honor those that serve others at risk to their life and limb. You are welcome to not only add your name but the name(s) of any of your buddies especially the ones that will never have the chance to do so for them. We also honor the Constitution and in particular the 2nd Amendment.

We are here to help each other young and old, new and experienced, to learn, relearn things we may have forgotten and teach those that what or need help regarding anything that pertains to CZ's, and anything to do with CZ's in any size shape or form.

I don't give a rats hindquarters what anyone’s politics are as long as they keep them to themselves and are supporters of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the freedoms that men and woman, have defended and died defending for all of us.

We post Pistol and Rifle Competitions when ever any are brought to my or the Moderators attentions, we let folks know what is happening in their states that affect their rights and freedoms. Again when we know about whatever it is so we can post it. We have a list of Organizations that support shooting in any way.

Your lack of a sense of humor is entirely up to you and if you find one here they great otherwise it's your right not to have one and I will not gainsay nor allow anyone to gainsay that right.

CZ's are modeled partly around 1911 clones and one in particular you will truly love provided you find one. And that is the ColtZ40, a last gasp dead by Colt to stay alive they made with CZ based on the 1911 frame and a couple tweaks inside, Only 800 to 850 made it into the US before Colt was forced to break the deal and everything else that was in the pipeline at that time had ColtZ40 removed and rebranded as CZ 40 B's. I have to own a couple of those Colt Z 40's and I think they are shiny things to own and even shinier to fire.

I think we cover pretty much all of what you had to say, as for what we missed is your choice and I personally don't care as long as we do not get into any and I do mean ANY sort of Political or Religious, discussions. At all, in any way size shape or form. Folks get one personal and private warning, the next is public and the third is banned.

We are here to talk shooting and anything that has to do with shooting and predominately shooting CZ's and I except that from time to time other brands will be discussed or talked about and that fine but this is the CZForum and so we expect the emphasis of anything or everything to be about CZ's I personally own roughly 20 to 30 CZ's and have shot most of them at one point or another. Oh that not to say I own 20 to 30 Different CZ's just that I own that many and more than a couple or the same make and or model.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:36:06 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

santahog

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
Dude.. You seem a little tense... I'd ask how one can be apollitical and a supporter of some particular form of  government, but you seem to me having a hard time with it as it is.. I'm having a hard time viewing the framers as apolitical..
Lighten up..
As you put me in my place here, please understand that I am as I believe, and as I believe, I am.. I don't need to separate my beliefs from my actions. If you only stick up for the 2A and none of the rest, you'll soon run out of bullets and nobody will care if you keep the gun.. Nobody will care if a Cop kicks in the door and takes it either..
If the politics don't matter, why vote? The 2A has never, as I recall, been on a ballot that I've been able to vote on..
Okay, you can kick me off now..

Joe from Alabama

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
           Jeez Louise! Why is it every single time I say hi and welcome. We love to have you as a member, no matter what your views or beliefs, Somebody thinks it as a personal attack?
          Dude, I have seen the Elephant, as have a goodly number of our members, I'm as red neck, and Eco loving, as it gets. I was pointing out how we are different from some of the other forums, since we make a point of thanking those who served. and letting folks know both the shooting events in their state and legal attacks on the Second Amendment I had friends that are NEVER coming home, not that we ever got a damn "Welcome Home" the way you and everyone else has before and after. Hell no I got spit on and called a baby killer and even in mufti I fought alongside 3 other soldiers, a Marine, 2 Navy, just to get out of LAX! A FRAKING US GD AIRPORT! for Fraks sake! And the Fraking cops did either not one damn thing or helped us. The Police for fraks sake! They were SUPPOSED to be on our side helping us but more than half stood and watched!

Do not preach to me about being tense, We are losing our freedoms more and more ever day. But keeping folks aware of what is going on legally in their back yards is a LOT different then sparking a political debate about who the hell is right and what person is the, be all, end all, of whatever problem. Nor is a flame war about Religion going to prove a dang thing so if nobody starts nothing, then there won't be nothing! We are here for no other reason then to talk CZ, and DanWesson firearms, but others as they crop up from time to time and someone can help. We have folks with very different politcal and Religious belief. And they have ever right to those I did notcondemn youropening statement, in fact I gave you props for it. and You Still deserve those props, Not a lot of folks speak up and take a stand and you do and that's why WE (your generation and mine) did what we did to Guaranty those basic rights.
I did notcondemn youropening statement, in fact I gave you props for it. and You Still deserve those props, Not a lot of folks speak up and take a stand and you do and that's why WE (your generation and mine) did what we did to Guaranty those basic rights.

ryone else lieten, Or that their Political Commendatory is THE answer to whats wrong with this Country. Or what political Party has ALL the answers. I do not want any part of that to spill over onto this forum. We are here to make friends, and learn from each other. And help anyone that asks for our help and I would like you to be part of that help, as an experienced shooter yourself. If you weren't born with a .22 in your hands or had one put there 10 seconds after the Doctors let go of you, then you are the first person from your part of Alabama that didn't have that happen.

just to clear up your misconceptions: I am a Jeffersonian Republician, which in part means I think we have a NEED to bring back Hangings and the Chair or both just to make sure! I also think every single American over 21 be required to open carry and dueling reinstated.

I am a right friendly sort of guy and I simply wanted you to feel welcome and let you know you may have missed some of the rules at the top of the page, which is fine since a whole lot of folks just skip over those boring old bullshit rules and things anyway. Use the term God Bless to end your messages if you so choose, I just no not want to hear jack about it if someone signs off with Allah's Will. Or something Buddest, or Hindi or any other type of Religious blessing. But do NOT abuse that by trying to preach. (I did NOT say You were even thinking of anything even remotely like that, I'm just making damn sure EVERYONE understands we are all different, and we SHALL respect each others religious beliefs.) Oh ya I'm Jewish BTW just to clear that other point up. And some of my best friends are God Fearing Christians. Heck one of them is a Jehovah's Witness, go figure that one out.

As I said then and again just now we are right proud of our veterans and everyone else that put their lives on the line every damn day to protect our rights that others want to kick into the dirt. And we are right happy you is at least now a member, I told you that for true! Cher, you come, you stay, you go, is all up to you, Moi, I got no nothing left to say. Me, gonna go down to the Bayou and do me some crawfishing, maybe pas a good time wit moi friends ya.
carry on , as you were.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:27:58 AM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

santahog

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
I'll work on this later, but in the meantime..
Thanks for the honesty.. Please expect the same from me.. I think we're good for now..
Pleased to participate in the Freedom of Association with ya as we execrise our "Creator endowed" right to free speech to discuss RKBA stuff..

What they did to you guys was wrong. I'm sorry. Yes, I was so blessed when we came back from a very tidy war. I was blessed with the woman I had loved for 6 years but could never tell, waiting for me when I got off the bus, and 17 years of love and honor before she passed away in 08. (I got spoiled)..
The folks who did that to you are in the House, Senate and their child is in the White House today.. Those guys are still very organized and involved in the politics of the day. That's why they've won the day for so many years.
It's important to me. Many years worth of long stories but it's important to me..
Hey.. if you get this reaction alot, maybe it's not me..  :grin:  I think it may have something to do with telling folks ie "I don't want to hear it". Just a thought..
It seems like the more I say, the more I get on your nerves. (Maybe we have more in common than you might imagine :smiley: )
Take care and catch one for me.. Ya'll have better fishin than we do, but the other stuff won't eat you while you wait for a bite, up here.. 
I used to live in the Florida Panhandle. I didn't know snakes got that big.. No offence, but you can have it.. We'll keep Saban though, for now at least..

God bless and have a good weekend.
Joe

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:10:29 PM »
     So OK Sometimes I have this High Horse thing I climb up on occasionally, but I do it because I have fought in more places for ultimately worthless reasons, that I simply can't abide having a what should be a friendly Forum where we help, chat, learn from each other, turned into another combat zone.

You have earned the right to your opinion as have a lot of folks, I'm just trying to keep the peace in at least one small place on the earth, and if someone finds it offensive that I don't agree with them about how they go about promoting those views well that's just to damn bad.

Please feel free to sign off on any posts with God Bless if that is what is important to you, I have no problem with that, I only wanted to say that if someone signs off with Allah Akbar, or Master, or anything else, then just let it be. As long as no one tries through in religious passages from what ever text and or Deity they believe in then all is right with the world. We are all children of our Dieties and those Dieties may in fact be only One with Many names, Who's to say? Just please everyone lets not have any flame wars about it. I have been to many places and seen to many things done in the name of The One Who's Name Should Never Be Said, (said I was Jewish, just not how could I was at practicing it.  :cool: ) and or in the name of Patriotism. I am Sick unto Death of fighting.

santahog: 2 things I need to say to you personally. 1) is that I grieve with you and for you and your loss, I wish I had known both of you then as I am trying to know you now. 2) When I lose it I revert to speaking coonass and I am proud to be one and will die being proud to be an American and a Coonass from South Louisiana, New Orleans and Bayou Barraterria in particular. But I live in Central Florida now, so if you happen to be down around these here parts make sure you pass by my home and say hello. We can hit the range if you want. I'll bring along a couple of my weapons, and some ammo.
    Ok that said. Le Bon Temps Roulle! Ma ya cher?

santahog

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »
ole Coonass...

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
You gotta give the guy props
One thing I love is....
He says right up front….
He doesn't have a sense of humor
I can respect that
That’s so much better than a guy that “THINKS” he HAS a sense of humor
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:58:04 AM »
    To right there! NOT one of my better welcome messages and I still have no idea how it went sidways, but you know me Den, if someone can put their foot into it, I sure as hell will be the one to try.
     I was impressed as heck about his way of saying hello, And I am glad he is a member.

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
I know I have a sense of humour, and that it is, in every way, superiour to anyone else's. That's why I put extra "u's" in my words. Very European, right?  :cheesy:

Anyway, welcome to the forum.