Firearms and Gear > Gear and Accessories

ADVICE PLEASE - CC holster for my new RAMI BD

<< < (2/4) > >>

Angryvikingman:
I carry my SP-01 in a De Santis. Its a decent holster.

GhostWarrior:
Hey MLU and AVM

This is one of those time when I really love this forum and the folks that belong to it. When I posted my reply to CZTactiC00l I was thinking on the belt and mounted horizontally as apposed to vertically. Or even Vertically since I have a left hand Gator holster I can mount on the back of my belt etc. I just hadn't thought about a IWB holster and how that would greatly reduce the profile when you were leaning over. Frankly I don't think anyone actually made IWB holster back in the cave man days when I was on the job. At least I don't remember seeing any. If I carried a weapon tucked into the small of my back I simply just stuck a weapon between my pants and shirt and hoped the belt was tight enough to keep the weapon from sliding down my pants. (BTW let me be the first to point out how bad an idea this is/was and when the weapon starts sliding down the back of your pants and down the inside of the leg in public Especially at a reception or whatever. The humour of the situation, and the embarrassment, along with the thoughts of how the hell were you going to get out of that mess without attracting attention all start fighting for the center of your attention at the same time and you sinply freexe in place wondering wether to simply shat or go blind thinking about it) :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

So it is very shiny that I read both your posts on the subject and I love the whole idea. THATS why this Forum will work Because we all have a different way of seeing answers to the same question but sometimes we older guys learn from the younger guys like you 2  and vise verse as long as we keep an open mind and don't just go into knee jerk reflex when someone says something we had no experience with and might think was a bad idea when if time was taking to try the idea we might well accept it.

My points about it showing fairly plainly when you bend over are still valid as is my saying it could seriously mess up your back if you felt over backwards on it. But other than that I thank you both for your input on the subject and I thank CZTactiC00l for even bring up the subject.

Angryvikingman:
My De Santis is reversable. You can just move the belt/pants clip to either side for ambi handed carry, or IWB or OWB. Depending on my mood, I Conceal or sometimes plain Open carry. I usually carry it right on my hip and if it pokes out a bit, most people think its a cellphone case. I don't like carrying in the small of back because I'm a big guy and sometimes it gets sweaty back there, and I don't want to have to wash my holster all the time. LOL! Not to mention its not as comfortable for me. Sometimes I carry it slid around either behind my right rear pants pocket, or between my front and rear pocket. I really don't want to draw from any farther back than that. Yeah, its hard to conceal an SP-01, but like I said, I'm a big guy, so I can make it happen. ;)

GhostWarrior:
Good to know, I am not so small my own self so I think I will just go ahead and call DeSantas and see about an exact model as yours.

Angryvikingman:
I think I still have the package that it came in....

Ok, evidently I don't, but it fits, and doesn't snag the sights. I just kind of wish that there was a retention strap on it. The thumb flick kind, not fastex clip. Those are more truble than they're worth and hard to get open in hurry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version