Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3466 times)

czKnight

Greetings
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
Hello everyone,

I figured I would introduce myself.

I had the pleasure of meeting GhostWarrior and CHFields today by chance as I was packing up from some time at the range.  It is always fun finding other CZ shooters, one of them just happened to manage this forum which led me to sign up. 

I am a recent alumni of UCF who has only been shooting for the past five years or so.  I bought my first gun last spring, a CZ 85b Combat, and it has served me well so far.  Whenever I go shooting there is always at least one person who inquires what I am using and they are usually surprised to hear it is a CZ.  They are more surprised at how much it costs compared to other guns.  I don't think you can beat the 75 line in terms of bang for your buck. 

I have kept to simple target shooting in my limited experience but am looking to try IDPA eventually.  I know we talked about checking out the event coming up on Sunday.  I doubt I will participate but I would be interested in watching.  This will invariably lead to researching holsters and joining IDPA for future matches.

I look forward to participating on this forum and will try to lend a helping hand wherever I can.   

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:58:11 PM by czKnight »

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »
Glad you made it to the forum czKnight! It was great meeting and shooting with you today. Hopefully we can meet and shoot again sometime. I too would like to try IDPA, however, I'm concerned I may get hooked.... :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
          Welcome to the club sir! It was fun seeing someone wearing a CZ shooting shirt and carrying a hard sided range bag with CZ Stickers on it. And thank you very much for allowing me to try out your Combat. That really is one amazing pistol! I'm not sure actuallywhat I expected when I tried it out, but it's just as well because what ever I though about how it would handle or feel would have been wrong.

That pistol was down right fun to shoot! And the groups I shot, allthough off to the left some were some of the best I had shot that day using my own assortment of pistols.

Thanks for hanging out with us and for letting us try your weapon out. And again Welcome to our Forum. We have great folks as members and a goodly amount of them either reload or compete or both, so feel free to ask what ever questions you need to, and someone will try to answer them. 
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »
Greetings from Springville, UT  :cool:
WAIT, Wait, wait…..You’re admitting to knowing GW ? ! ?  :shocked:
Oh well ! !  ! :grin:
Welcome anyway ! ! !  :wink:
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:58:48 AM »
       Give him a break Den, he only just met CHFields and myself this past Sunday. He hasn't had a chance to get to know me yet. Learn how Humble and kind I am, my slightly twisted sense of humor, or that I could stand in for Wakko, from Yakko, Wakko and Dot Warnerover at Warner Brothers. hmmmm come to think of it he has just matriculated from UCF here in Florida so he may not be old enough to remember them or Inky and the Brain, Both of whom I could also stand in for if necessary and they were still on the air.

OK today's question: what is Dot's full name? And as allways the winner gets a Hearty "WELL DONE!" and a subscription to "Geriatrics Quarterly". (I'll send you mine when I'm finished with it, I can't afford a separate subscription.) :cool:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »
OK today's question: what is Dot's full name? And as allways the winner gets a Hearty "WELL DONE!" and a subscription to "Geriatrics Quarterly". (I'll send you mine when I'm finished with it, I can't afford a separate subscription.) :cool:
You mean “DOT, DOT METRICS” ? ? ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
Sorry wrong Dot. But feel free to try again. :grin:

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
Sorry wrong Dot. But feel free to try again. :grin:
WHAT ? ! ?
And here I thought you were a Mel Brooks Fan ? ! ?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »
       Mel Brooks can afford his own fan, I'm not going to stand there fanning him, unless he pays a Lot of money.

But other than that I do love his movies, also some of the Monty Python movies, The Fireside Theater radio show, and most of the Cheech and Chong movies.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 10:27:49 AM »
I think I have all of Mel Brooks’ movies on DVD
Spaceballs is Catherine’s Number ONE
“Pizza the Hut !”