Author Topic: A range case for my Scorpion EVO 3 S1  (Read 6828 times)

Offline Hasaf

A range case for my Scorpion EVO 3 S1
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:28:07 PM »
I recently acquired a new CZ-USA Scorpion EVO 3 S1. One thing I wanted for it was a range case. It will fit in  Pelican 1520; however, I didn’t have any of those that are not in use. The only ones I have that are not being used are a size smaller, and they won't fit.

My research led me to, of all things, an airsoft product from Evike. As you can see, the case is labeled A1 instead of the S1 that is available on the civilian market. That wasn’t any sort of a dealbreaker. I was more concerned about overall quality. For forty dollars, I was willing to risk it.

The front of the case.
Frankly, what I got was a good case, the zippers are good quality and the material is reasonably thick. As you can see, the foam insert is secured by four long velcro strips. There are plenty of pockets to carry extra magazines, a sight adjustment tool, and still have room for a bottle of water and a snack.

If you look closely, you can see where I cut the foam out to fit my pistol.
That being said, the foam is cut for the SBR stock, not the SB Tactical brace. While I intend to SBR this, the foam will need to be cut for the brace. After the SBR stamp arrives, I can glue the section, cut for the brace, back in using a simple craft hot glue gun.

The foam is also not cut for any sort of sights. I suppose not cutting for sights makes sense as people may want to put an odd sight combination on their pistol. However, in addition to not being cut for sights, there is no cutout for the bottom handguard. The magazine cuts were there and simply needed to be pulled out.

The layer that contains the opening for the pistol is on top. That is the one you cut. The layer that is under the pistol is still in the case.
As you can see, before cutting the foam, I first separated the foam layer that had the cutout for the pistol from the foam layer below it. The maker of this case went a little wild with the glue; so it won't be easy. Just go slow and work from the inside (the area cut for the pistol).

Shown with the cutouts
After those layers are separated you can now cut for your accessories without cutting through the bottom layer of foam. Again, plan your cuts. I have no doubt that you can do a better job of cutting the foam than I did.

Fitted to the pistol.
As you can see, the result is a case well fitted to my pistol. It will need t be modified to fit your build; but when done you will have a quality carry case at a discount price.

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: A range case for my Scorpion EVO 3 S1
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »
That's a nice case there, thanks for the review

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:33 PM »
Think about spraying it with that seal product you see advertised on TV where the guy [size=78%] cuts the hole in the boat, fixes the roof, pool etc.? Anyway one of there products is a spray, don't know the colors available, but they offer a spray that would keep the foam from flaking and provide a good looking surface.............. is it FlexSeal? [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]I fid a few of these for wheel guns and got some material from a fabric store and lined it with it. Turnedout well. Just had to add a drip of Elmers glue, here and where, to keep things secure. [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Just a thought.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Luger Fan[/size]

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
p.s. I had a Yugo M70 AB2 underfolder AK that was looking for a case to take to range and back. A range bag can look like a gym bag but hard to hide a folder. It dawned on me to try a tennis raquet bag. Fits perfect and looks more discrete than a AK bag. Measure and try. As a bonus mine is marked "Disney World." Can't get more innocent looking than that. :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Luger Fan