Author Topic: New guy...new P-07  (Read 3336 times)

AK-Joe

New guy...new P-07
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
Hey guys!

Picked her up last weekend from Academy Sports here in Houston after leaving the gunshow.
Gun show price $438+tax.
Academy everyday price $399 plus I had a $40 gift certificate.

$386.08 drive out.

I also ordered a couple of extra mags from CZ...$43 ea. Ouchy.

While I was at it I also ordered the NEBO 190 lumen light.

For $49 it's pretty freakin bright but I have not had a chance to compare it to my TLR-1.

150 rounds today and no issues.

I'm a happy camper.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: New guy...new P-07
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »
         Welcome to the Forum sir!, I was on my way to buy Duty myself but it was an online auction with a buy now button. 1 min more and it would have been mine. But someone hit the buy now button and that was that. But if your guy sells them for $399.00 NIB then you got a better deal then I was trying for with a used one. Well done. And that's a shiny pistol. Looking forward to getting one myself soon. Well done.
         So anyway welcome and we hope you enjoy your membership with us. Great folks here, willing to help.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

AK-Joe

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 03:29:31 AM »
It's a pleasure being here.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
I've been out of town, so let me offer you my belated welcome to the Forum! I hope you enjoy your time here, and we look forward to getting to know you!

AK-Joe

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »
Thanks b5.5dan!

In case anybody was curious about the NEBO light all I can say is that for $49 it's not bad.

Nowhere near as white or bright as my TLR-1 C4 but still pretty good for the money.

If I had to put a lumen rating on it and knowing that my TLR is 130 lumen....I'd say 90 to 100 lumen max.

I will say the strobe feature is pretty effective and quite disorienting even from behind the light.

My only gripe is, I do not like the on/off switch. It is too easy to turn on by simply applying slight pressure which could happen when putting it in a soft case or laying the pistol on it's side.