Author Topic: Torn between 2 guns...  (Read 9556 times)

Tech23

Re: Torn between 2 guns...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 09:16:41 PM »
Lol...stop it, you are making me hurt!  I am going to be 41 this year and had to get reading glasses last year, got a bad knee(surgery last year) and have had a bad lower back forever.  I am still going to compete for awhile though.

b5.5dan

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »
I know I'm ressurecting a way-dead thread, but (and I should probably be ashamed to admit this), I had NO idea what the IDPA even was until about 15 minutes ago. Now I want to join, but I can't shoot anywhere near well enough to compete. Oh well... Maybe I will be able to watch one sometime...

Anyway, from what I have gleaned in a very quick little read, it seems like the Shadow Custom would be better, as it says "no competition-only firearms". I'm sure that is the least adhered to rule, but still.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 07:12:26 AM »
      IDPA has 3 classes I think. (I adhere to the "Manely Man Code of Conduct" which says a real man never has to read rules or instructions) So I'm not sure, but I think they have an "off the shelf" class, A modified class, and someother class, (don't ask). IPSC is a hoot and both sports as far as I know have no problem with spectaters. Some of the big shoot offs may charge an entrance fee to everyone, but their locals not so much I believe. I know everyone is welcome to watch at least the local IDPA and the IPSC match's free, at my shooting club.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice