Author Topic: Proud to join  (Read 2406 times)

jmerg

Proud to join
« on: May 06, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »
Hey ya'll.  After birdhunting all of my life (Remington 1100) I spent many months researching everything I could, including reading this forum, to decide what pistol I wanted to get.  I bought my wife a .380 in the process (she grew up around guns and I travel a bit, and she's got tiny hands).  I spent about 300-400 rounds learning to shoot with hers before I finally decided on mine.  I am now the VERY proud owner of a CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom from Angus & pals at the Custom Shop.  I'm not that great of a shot, but the very 1st round was in the bulls-eye!  Blind squirrel maybe, but I was pumped.  It feels like it was made for my hand, unlike any other 9mm I've held.  If I knew how to post the picture of the target or the Shadow, I would.  Ya'll have been very helpful to me without knowing it, and I appreciate your contributions and the resource.  Great work, and I look forward to learning more and participating. 

Oh yeah...the only thing wrong with it is that my 98 lb. wife loves it and wants one just like it but a little smaller, if I could find and afford such a beast.  P07, 75 compact? I don't know yet, so any help is appreciated as I save up.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:26:51 PM by jmerg »

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Proud to join
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! We are always here to help, whether we know it or not.... :laugh: . Congrats on a great pistol. It was the feel of the CZ that eventually sold me on getting one. It is not hard to post pics, just sign up on a site like imageshack upload your pic and then it will give you the code to copy and paste into the forum...
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

jmerg

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
Thanks, chfields, I appreciate it.  Let's see if this works.  As I said, I am quite proud of it. 

Literally, 1st shot out of the box.  I shot at another target after this one until the cease-fire.

Sry, they're a little large, but I'll get the hang of it.  Thank you all again for all of the sharing.  I couldn't be happier with my CZ.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
Looks good!! Nice shot! That wasn't so hard now was it? I like that site, its very easy to use....Look forward to seeing more from you....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
You started off with about the finest pistol you could have chosen. And you certainly came to the finest CZ Forum around.  :cheesy:
Welcome aboard!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »
        Welcome to our Forum! If there is a better way to start off using your new pistol I can't think of it. Thank you for joining us and for the picture. As far the picture goes if it's on a hosted photo site then the size is fine, since the picture is linked to it and not the server we use, then it's not taking up space as such. Besides if I had a target like that, especially for the first shot I would post it big also. :cheesy:

So Welcome to both you and your Bride from us here at CZForum, CZimply the best CZ Forum on the web!
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice