Author Topic: 97B Magazines  (Read 4193 times)

tcanthony

97B Magazines
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
I bought a 97B to replace my Sig 220 Super Match to use for competition. I would love to use it but in the two months I have had it, I have not been able to find any extra magazines. For the group that I compete with, we need at least three magazines and I only have two. I have purchased aftermarket mags and none of them work. CZ says they don't know when they will have any. So right now I am stuck with a gun that I did a lot of customization work on that I can't use and am left still shooting my Sig.
Any suggestions?

b5.5dan

Re: 97B Magazines
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:20:07 AM »
First off, allow me to welcome you to CZ Forum! It's a great place full of better times and people!

Next, unfortunately I don't have a quick answer to your problem, but I wish I could help. I want a 97 above all other pistols right now, and if I had one, I would let you use my extra mag. CZ's are (in my opinion, which is a fact  :grin: )the finest pistols in the world, but since not everyone knows this yet, they aren't always easy to come by. If CZ doesn't have them, you may be hard pressed to come by more mags for a while. However, they are out there. Check Buds and Guns America, etc. As for the non-functioning aftermarket mags, the only suggestion I can make is to put them next to the factory mags, see what is different, and adjust accordingly. It's usually follower angle or the angle of the bend on the mag lips. You didn't mention exactly what the problem was with the aftermarket mags, but maybe you can adjust fit to obtain function.

Wow... A quick google check confirms that no one on earth has those mags in stock... Keep calling CZ, check more obscure outlets, and, if you'd like, I'll keep an eye out for local sales in my area. Networking, Baby!

Again, welcome to CZ Forum, and I hope you stick around. I would LOVE to hear what competitions you're entering with your 97 and how well she performs!

tcanthony

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »
I shot last night in IDPA. Used the 97 and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, there was one stage I needed a third mag. I just took the penalty. It was an odd night. Most of the guys were shooting 1911s which I have the utmost respect for and have used for over 30 years. They were having all kinds of problems with theirs and I didn't have one issue. It was a dream to shoot.

Most of the aftermarket mags I have recieved are too long. I would need to cut them in the middle and reweld them. Otherwise they are made identicle. Megar is the only one who makes a functioning aftermarket mag but they are out as well.
Thanks for the reply.

tcanthony

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 01:56:34 AM »
Good news. The wizards at the CZ Custom Shop (Angus and Rob) ordered mags for a Witness Tangfolio 45 and they work great. Seems there are a few of those still around. Still baffles my mind that a company the size of CZ would be so slow making them but when they have wonderful guys like the ones at CZ Custom, CZ will always shine in my book!!
Thanks Angus and Rob!!

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:39:46 AM »
Well, sir, I'm glad it worked out!

From what I've been given to understand, CZ has recently been INUNDATED by lsger-scale orders, both here and abroad (mostly abroad). This has led to them basically being out of pistols. It's no fun for us, but it means that we're hooked on $irearms sought after by defence forces the world 'round. I need to ge5 more quick!

tcanthony

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:12 PM »
Yeah, I know. I wanted to get my grubby hands on their best seller. The P07 Duty in a .40 but they are out of those in Kansas City, too. Supposedly their big shipments are to come the third week of September. My fingers are crossed. I need two more guns!

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »
You can really tell when i reply by phone haha! I really want a P-01 and a 97. S9on,i hope