Author Topic: How many 40p's were manufactured?  (Read 17783 times)

Offline larryh1108

Re: How many 40p's were manufactured?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
There's no such thing as an ugly gun, well, except for Hi Points. Those are some ugly sumbitches.

vegasman

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »
We agre on that! Hi-Point handguns are fugly;but if thats all you can afford its better than nothing.(all I can afford is particle board).I just bought their 9mm carbine and I like it.At the same time I picked up 2 nylon 66"s in pieces on the same backround check. For 50 bucks for the pair. 30 bucks of parts later I have 2 rifles in excellent condition. Note to self ...dont take things apart unnecessarily  andespecially 2 of them!!?? Those 66's are fetching good prices,but I'm keeping them never get a deal like that again.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
       Dude! that thing doesn't even qualify as a paper weight! I'm not even convinced if you qualify as anyhing short of a club and I think I would be insulting clubs! It wouldn't even make a decent Nut cracker? Mylar packing tape around the slide and the frame??? SERIOUSLY??! There is a special place in one of the 9 circles of hell for people that do that to a great weapon.

Props to you for resurrecting that fine weapon. And this is comimg from a guy that owns a majority of the models that CZ makes! I don't even own a Browning. Well done.

As for that, that thing painted in 2 different colors and white grips?  :shocked:  What was it? a joke for a blind person or did the owner really think someone would steal it so he had it refinished that way so even blind people wouldn't take it. At least Blind people that weren't deaf anyway. :cry:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:43:58 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

vegasman

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:40 PM »
What a ugly thing to say

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
      I calls dem as I sees dem. That was one Fugly piece of dog excretment, and he gave it it's pride back.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

vegasman

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
The only way to settle the issue about my new buddy Larrys HP is to create a poll. Asking these questions 1) Does Larry have the right to do what he wants with his own property? 2) Does Larry care what some people think of his estuff? 3) Who is Larry and why did he butcher a nice pistol? A god follow-up poll would be..1) If you meet Larr woud you say "good job" 2) Stick it up his buttwith the slide open.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
I could make the very same suggestion referencing your Hi-Point 9mm carbine but being a rightous and humble person I shall refrain for casting asparagus upon your efforts.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline larryh1108

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
Could you vote more than once in the same poll?

As for how I got it, Numrich sold them as surplus lots. That tape took hours to get off without marring the finish. Those old Inglis pistols have quite a history. I, too, was shocked at how they were taped. I did buy 4 or 5 different sets. They shoot great, too! Here's some pics of other projects from similar original original sets. I believe that since these pictures they all have the ring hammers and lanyard rings that were correct for that period. These were still "in progress". The only refinish I did was the 2 tone lower with a current upper. However, since the picture I found a beautiful chrome finish upper from that era that fits like a glove and shoots as nice as any HP i have. I'm also working on a flood rescue BHP C series that needed a good home. I finally found a compatible slide/barrel combo that makes it shoot like it was new. The slide was lost to the flood. No pics yet but right now it is as ugly as a Hi Point. I do need to refinish the whole gun. Thinking about a hard chrome finish.

vegasman

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
You can vote as muh as you want using different emails Larr. Goo Lord you're a HP refinishing machine! How did ou post those big photos my keep getting rejected? I set my camera to the lowest resolution and still rejected.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline larryh1108

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »
You  have to resize to a max of 700x700. It helps to crop off the wasted space too.

Offline larryh1108

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
If you look at your pictures on your computer then you probably can do it. Open a picture and look for an option that says edit picture. If you have that then you hit the edit picture and you shouldhave options to lighten it, darken it, crop it and resize it. Basic functions. If you mess up a picture then close it and don't save it and it goes back to the way it was. If it turns out good then save it. It is really simple once you understand it. As far as where GW is, I don't know him well enough to insult him.

vegasman

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »
I was'nt insulting him Larry; just cuttin the fool. This s the most activity this forums had since who knows when. Anyway I'll try to post some pics of my stuff. What state are you in?

Offline larryh1108

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
I'm in the Chicago area. Bed time here. It's been fun. Try to find GW. He needs a friend.

vegasman

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »
Sleep-tight hp bro

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
Just a couple points I am wondering about: ( ok I Lied it was more than a couple points)
       A) Exactly how am I a fool? I did NOT in any size shape of form slam Hi-Powers, nor Mr. Browning, I gave Hugh Props to larryh1108 for resurrecting that hunk of metal and returning it to it full glory.

B) I have asked a couple times that pictures get put on some sort of photo hosting site and the links to the pictures only posted here in the forum. The faster we use up space on the server the sooner I will have to pay more to keep this forum up and running. I am not going to ask anyone to donate anything for any reason to keep this forum going. If I can't afford to do so then it will simply cease to exist. and you can find someone else to insult for no reason. Pictures published directly to this forum take up a LOT of server space. And yes I have posted a couple pictures directly on here myself, but I am making the effort to NOT be a "Do as I say, and not as I do person". So you may notice that more and more of my pics are links to hosting sites.

C) For all intents and purposes I am a shut in also but I don't get on forums and insult people that are trying to help as many folks as possible learn something new, and learn something new myself.

D) You made fun of larryh1108 and his pistol so I poked a little fun at you for rebuilding the Hi-Point rifles.

E) If you really think I am a fool then feel free leave the forum. This is MY forum, I own it! And even though I have every right to be extremely put out with you for your insulting remarks I have no intention of banning you, not even asking for an apology. I spent more years than I want to remember in places I wish I could forget, defending the rights of Americans to say what they please. I can and have set rules about what can and cannot be talked about here and you have broken none of them, and I am not a hypocrite to stop you from saying your personal opinion of me. It's your right and to many of my friends died protecting that right, and I will be damned before I insult their memoires or sacrifices or their families sacrifices, by stopping you from saying your piece. oh and for the record I actually hope you don't leave the forum. Just possibly modify the 'tude a bit.

F)  larryh1108 you are by any criteria that I can think of a fine craftsman, and you have done amazing work to resurrect those pistols, I think you are correct when you say Mr. Browning will High 5 you when you to meet. Which I hope is not for many years to come.

G) This entire thing has gone way off topic and I am going to lock it down, sometime tomorrow, after anyone that has anything further to say has their chance to say it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:46:42 PM by GhostWarrior »