Author Topic: Is this 75B correct?  (Read 3006 times)

grumpy

Is this 75B correct?
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:56:06 PM »
Recently saw a used 95B in duo tone with a decocker and slide marked 97B.  From what I can tell the current decocker doesn't come in duo tone and should be marked 75BD.  Could this be an older model or could it have been alted in some way?

b5.5dan

Re: Is this 75B correct?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
Welcome to CZ Forum! We hope you'll stick around and enjoy our community!
As for that pistol, I'm not sure. If it has a decocker then it should be the BD. But if it doesn't say BD, then it's a conundrum. Someone more informed will likely chime in!

grumpy

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:38:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I didn't think it was right. It does have a decocker and its marked B and not BD.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:28 AM »

I think you left a part out. No offence, but said it was a 95B yet the Slide was marked with CZ 97B. My question is how did you know the weapon is a 95B? Did someone tell you? Was it new or used and in the original box and the box said 95B? That's the part confusing me the most. Also check the serial number on both the Slide and the Barrel and the Receiver. If they are all the exact same number and look untouched even vaguely then it's possible whatever the seller/owner told you is wrong, or possibly somehow a 97B got somehow put into a 95B box by accident.

As for the duel tone, well, has it turns out CZ did in fact have a duo tone 97 and yes it had a decocker, BUT the "D" was never added to the designator on the slide. SO, if we can get past that 95B problem, then what you saw was in fact a CZ 97 B w/decocker and duo tone. How much, if you don't mind me asking, was it for sale? If that is, it was/is for sale.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

grumpy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
I'm sorry its a 75B not 97B

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
          Ok no worries. Just keep in mind that CZ 75B's have been made in everyone one of those configurations you mentioned. I am not just saying that about current models but older models also. However, What I said about checking serial numbers on all 3 parts where I said to check, will tell the story, pretty much 99% of the time.

Glad you corrected that, I was fixing to transfer this to the 95 and 97 Forum's since we weren't talking 75's  :cheesy:
         Oh yes and I am sorry I almost forgot to say hello and welcome to the Forum, So Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Good folks here, every one of them. Oh and I hope if you are thinking of buying that pistol, you have a great time shooting it.  Or if you don't want it an dit's for sale then maybe I'll buy it.  :cool: :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:56:57 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice