Author Topic: CZ 75 D PCR Compact Comfort  (Read 5742 times)

dtrucksi

CZ 75 D PCR Compact Comfort
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
I am in the market for a compact 9mm for CCW purposes and the CZ 75 D PCR Compact among the top 2 on my list (the other being the Sig Sauer P-229). My problem is that none of my local dealers have one in stock and I am hesitant to order one without having handled it. Comfort is, in my opinion, very important and the gun needs to "feel right" in my hand. I am a fairly large man with fairly large hands so if the grip is too small, it's not comfortable for me to shoot. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is the grip comparable to the P-229 (which feels great in my hand)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

jack76590

Re: CZ 75 D PCR Compact Comfort
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
I am in the market for a compact 9mm for CCW purposes and the CZ 75 D PCR Compact among the top 2 on my list (the other being the Sig Sauer P-229). My problem is that none of my local dealers have one in stock and I am hesitant to order one without having handled it. Comfort is, in my opinion, very important and the gun needs to "feel right" in my hand. I am a fairly large man with fairly large hands so if the grip is too small, it's not comfortable for me to shoot. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is the grip comparable to the P-229 (which feels great in my hand)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

I don't know what you consider "fairly large" hands to be. However, for comparison I generally wear a large size dress glove and extra large work glove, as my hands sweat and that can causes glove to stick.

I recently bought a PCR and have had a P228 for sometime. The P228 is the older carbon, folded slide version. The P229 has a solid slide and is heavier. Grip as I understand is about the same for P228 and P229.

I find the grip of the P228 just about the right length for my hand. The PCR grip is a bit short, the front of backplate crowds my hand a bit. But overall I really like the PCR grip. However, if my hand was maybe a quarter inch or a bit more wider I might have  problems with the steel PCR baseplate. There are other baseplates available, but I have not tried them.

So if you really fill an extra large glove, I might look at the CZ 75 BD with a longer grip and a mag with two more rounds. Upside is big guys generally find it easier to conceal big guns. However, the PCR has alloy frame and the 75BD steel. This results in about half a pound more weight.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:14:25 PM by jack76590 »