Author Topic: P07 duty vs. others  (Read 2228 times)

Offline phillipwayne

P07 duty vs. others
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
Hi I am currently not a cz handgun owner, but I've  pretty much decided on the duty in .40 as my main carry weapon. I really like the idea of an external hammer so I can use the old 1911 trick to put your thumb on the hammer as you reholster it. As it is going to be my only gun for a while I want it to be comfortable enough to go to the range often but small enough to carry concealed almost daily. I'm worried that the cz is just slightly too big? If there is anyone who carries one regularly could tell me I'd appreciate it.
In truth I think my first choice would be an HK p2000 but it's out of my price range, the cz has just as many features but is almost half the price. The only striker fired pistol I would consider is an Springfield XD because of the grip safety. If the fnx40 was small enough to conceal regularly it would be hard to choose between the two.
Is there any other handguns that anyone would suggest?
I appreciate it.

Offline Tzp07

Re: P07 duty vs. others
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
I have a P07 in 9mm. For me it is too large for everyday concealment especially in the summer. there are better choices for cc. It is a great holster weapon and shoots great. maybe in the winter

Offline phillipwayne

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 12:23:08 AM »
What about a rami? How much easier would it be to carry?

Offline lorenzo51

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
PhillipWayne...I have a couple of CZ's; 75 B, P-01, Sp-01 Shadow, and the 07 Duty. The Duty is ok for concealed carry but you would need a large shirt untucked to cover it. I just purchased a RAMI last week and was at the range Saturday with it. It is a little tight but it will loosen up with a little use. It is a 3 inch barrel and it is very, very accurate. I was shooting from 7 yards out to 20 yards in 4 to 5 inch groups with it consistently. Take a look at the RAMI. It comes in 10 and 14 shot magazines and it is very easy to conceal. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/407/products_id/11848