Author Topic: 3 Dot Sights  (Read 988 times)

Offline aksarben

3 Dot Sights
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
I love my P 01 have competed in a couple IDPA matches with it. No problems what so ever. My issue is the 3 dot sight system. I seem to be having problem finding and focusing on the front sight. It just seems a little busy. I thinking about blacking out the rear dots. Does that make any sense.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: 3 Dot Sights
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
      Well it's as good a plan as any I supposed, and it makes a certain amount of sense. But I'm having two of my Pre-B's mounted with "Straight 8 Sites" http://www.heinie.com/information.php?info_id=21 by Heinie. Of course they have to be fitted since the pistols are 75 Pre-B's and the slide is going to have to be milled for the sights to be fitted, but the guys doing all the custom work on them are doing a few things so adding the milling was just another thing while they had it. 

"Straight 8's" are sites with a single dot on the front blade and a single dot on the rear site dead between the blades, and when you have them lined up they look like an 8. Hard to confuse aim with that idea, but then I haven't tried them so I may be able to mess up the idea.  :laugh:

Another idea would be to tape over the rear dots, see how that works, if it doesn't then you just peel the tape off and you still have your 3 dots. Another way t go would be to use a red, or green florescent dot on the front blade and leave the ones in back white, The choices are up to you but you have a couple ideas now that won't cost you and arm and a leg trying out different sites to find you you canlive with. (Both puns in this post were intended well at least the last one was. :laugh: )
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline aksarben

Re: 3 Dot Sights
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
I tried your idea with the tape used black electrical, what an improvement. I check the link you included. Thanks