Author Topic: firing pin broke even i use snap cap.....  (Read 4423 times)

spearhead

firing pin broke even i use snap cap.....
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:57 AM »

my cz 75b firing pin broke last December and until now - not able to find here in our local gun dealers for firing pin replacement,

i've been dry firing it everyday but i use snap caps as suggested by my friends - not to damage firing pin but i was surprised it still broke,

i want to know if any of you guys encountered this problem with you firing pin....

thanks!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: firing pin broke even i use snap cap.....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:51:47 PM »
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I certainly haven't heard of a firing pin breaking whne a snap cap is in place. As for a replacement you would proberly do better to oder one from CZ-USA. http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0420063271/Firing-Pin-B-Style.aspx 18.00 US and apparently they have 62 on hand at this point. They do say and I quote "INSTALLATION BY A QUALIFIED QUNSMITH IS REQUIRED", no offense intended Ihave no idea if you are one or not. But I figured I should at least add it.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

spearhead

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »
tanx GhostWarrior,

ill check with cz usa, if they can ship it directly with no problem to my place,

im not a gunsmith :D :D :D ,

i was able to remove the broken f. pin from the instructions i get  on how to remove and replace firing pin,

i will still check if a gunsmith is available here in our place,

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:42:02 PM by spearhead »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
Shiny and good luck along with I hope you get that baby back in service sooner than later.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

ActionExpress

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »
They'll have to ship it to an FFL holder.  A friend of mine wanted a revised trigger spring for his Savage Mark II BTVS, and they would not ship it to him directly.