Author Topic: 452 fs feeding issues  (Read 4683 times)

striper59

452 fs feeding issues
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
Just traded 2 guns at a gun show for a 452 fs love it, only thing having issue with the 5th rnd today ran 15 clips 6 had issues all on the 5th round,it hits above the chamber as you close the bolt, this is a great gun I feel its the clip spring, has anyone else have this problem don't want to send it back have good shooting weather when it's not raining in eastern pa

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: 452 fs feeding issues
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:32:35 AM »
That's a fine rifle. I'm guessing that since it's always the last round in the mag the problem would be with the follower or the spring. As the rounds are stacked in the magazine they would align themselves with the next round below. The last round would be affected by the angle of the follower. I'm not sure about the 452 magazine but on some the follower could be installed in either direction. If the magazine can't be dissasembled then check to make sure the lips aren't spread more than necessary. This too will sometimes allow a round to "nose up" as it is pushed into battery.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline teabag_46

Re: 452 fs feeding issues
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »
My feed problem is usually the FIRST round in the mag (five round mags) - after a couple of shots, I can fill the mag, and it's no longer a problem, until the next time I go shooting.