Author Topic: SCAM ALERT ! guns-warehouse.com is a scam  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Patsfan6

SCAM ALERT ! guns-warehouse.com is a scam
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:37:12 AM »
Wanted to warn fellow gun owners as I almost got scammed. I was comparing CZ prices and found this fraudulent site that had everything in stock at 50% less than anything on the internet and alarm bells went off. Upon research I found that guns-warehouse.com is a scam site using a legitimate gun shop (mygunswarehouse.com) address in Texas. I tried to attach a screenshot of the scam site homepage but don't know how. The moto on their homepage says (authentic guns). Several people have reviewed their getting ripped off on sitejabber about this site. As well as a warning on the legit gun shops website. I know this should be in general discussion but I know it would be seen by much more people much faster in this discussion room. Please avoid guns-warehouse.com

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: SCAM ALERT ! guns-warehouse.com is a scam
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 06:13:14 PM »
Thanks for the alert! I saw this on facistbook somewhere as well......I almost got taken from a company called New York reloading. Said they had Federal small pistol primers, all I could buy at .50 a rd. He would only take Zelle or venmoe and no Credit cards...that what tipped me off.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Patsfan6

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:48 PM »
Thanks for heads up as well, I'm also seeing sites that accept zelle only, I don't even know what that is. I'm very weary of armslist postings as well. Besides the reputable sites, cross reference, address check, valid numbers, bbb check, Google earth. If it's to good to be true, it probably is. Be careful y'all. 

Offline spongemonkey

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 03:48:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!  I sold a handgun on gunbroker awhile back and the person wanted to pay me by zelle.  I said no, pay me by USPS money order only or you will forfeit your purchase.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »
Zelle is legit. It sends money directly from your account to anyone with an email. I use it a lot with people I know. The only drawback is, they don't have any buyer protection plan, you have to use your bank for that. So, if I was selling something, I would have no issues accepting Zelle or Venmo for payment.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Patsfan6

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 05:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone. And as we all are in a rush to buy firearms and ammo, if anyone comes across a scam site posing as a firearm retailer, please spread the word and let us know as well. Thank you.