Author Topic: Leaving Glock behind . . .  (Read 2622 times)

Offline texasyankee

Leaving Glock behind . . .
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:38 AM »
My first few handguns were Glocks - I liked their reliability and simplicity and price point - but I never really shot the Glocks well, and I had nagging concerns about the lack of a manual safety - when I picked up and shot my first CZ 75 B, it was such a natural fit for my hand and I shot it so much more accurately than any of my Glocks - so, the Glocks started getting sold off cause I was shooting the CZs a lot more often - I picked up a few more CZs and a few clones (EAA Witness, Tanfoglio Mossad, IWI), and now I'm down to my last two Glocks - while the CZs are a bit more complicated mechanically than the Glocks, for me the CZs are so much more of a joy to shoot.  LOL, selling the Glocks in this crazy handgun market makes it easier to get rid of them.

Offline frgood

Re: Leaving Glock behind . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
Welcome to the world that absorbs you. 

I love all my CZs, all of them, and prefer them over others for their comfort and reliability. I do keep a couple Glocks for the occasional Glock match (GSSF) and consider my 17 to be a solid practical pistol (Defense).

However, I do regret selling my 75 compact. I bought it as a potential EDC but had to sell it during an economic downturn.

Don't sell your Glocks just yet. It is always good to have some form of a backup.

Offline texasyankee

Re: Leaving Glock behind . . .
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:05:38 AM »
I, too, used to participate in the GSSF matches - but my ADHD never enjoyed the w-a-i-t-i-n-g to shoot part of the matches - I have two or three Glocks left, and will just likely keep them and switch over to a CZ pattern pistol - no financial need at least today to sell the Glocks, and I'm kinda surprised to see that the used Glocks aren't going crazy on pricing like some of the other guns in this crazy market.