Author Topic: CZ 75 B failure to eject  (Read 2542 times)

Offline OldGuy

CZ 75 B failure to eject
« on: September 15, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »
I have a CZ75B, probably 30 years old, never had anything done to it other than field strip cleaning (not detail stripped).  The last several range trips it has failed to eject the spent casing and ties the gun up until the magazine is partially removed and the spent casing dumped and (usually) the round in or partially in the chamber dumped.  The ejector doesn't 'seem' worn or bent.  I sort of suspect the extractor but looking for ideas or diagnoses.

Offline OldGuy

Re: CZ 75 B failure to eject
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
I have a CZ75B, probably 30 years old, never had anything done to it other than field strip cleaning (not detail stripped).  The last several range trips it has failed to eject the spent casing and ties the gun up until the magazine is partially removed and the spent casing dumped and (usually) the round in or partially in the chamber dumped.  The ejector doesn't 'seem' worn or bent.  I sort of suspect the extractor but looking for ideas or diagnoses.
I have since replaced the ejector and spring and installed a Wolf recoil spring which had a larger interior diameter (loose on the guide rod) and was longer than the original.  Out of 100 rounds I had 3 FTE.  I have changed out the recoil spring and replaced it with the original and ordered a new spring set from a CZ dealer.  Haven't been back to the range since reinstalling the original recoil spring.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
Re: CZ 75 B failure to eject
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »
I sort of suspect the extractor but looking for ideas or diagnoses.
Don't overlook the very real possibility that the fault may be with you (i.e., grip stiffness) and not the hardware. Without "locked wrists" (whatever that means, it at least paints a picture) the frame is able to move rearward under recoil spring compression force and thus not be "there" for the slide's impact velocity upon which normal (~6') casing discharge distance depends.
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=54637.msg342266#msg342266
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=96929.msg746657#msg746657
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth