Author Topic: CZ P-10c carrying safely. double-action?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline shminer

CZ P-10c carrying safely. double-action?
« on: July 29, 2020, 03:24:27 PM »
Hello forum !
I just ordered my P-10c. I hope i will like it whenever it arrives...
I have a question about carrying chambered safely...

until now i carry with a round in the chamber only guns which are double-action only or da/sa with a hammer decocked, meaning it is very safe because there is no energy whatsoever behind the firing pin.

is it safe to carry chambered with p-10c ? what makes it double-action ? is the energy behind the firing pin not sufficient to hit the primer unless squeezing the trigger ?

Offline CDKJudoka

• I'm all outta milk.
Re: CZ P-10c carrying safely. double-action?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »
There are several safeties in place that allow the P10c, and almost all modern handguns, to be carried safely whilst having a round chambered. The P10 is considered double action in the same way that a Glock is. The striker is "pre-cock", but requires the trigger to be pulled to lift the firing pin block and to complete the action of cocking it. The hinged tab on the trigger prevents movement of the trigger unless that tab is depressed.

Essentially, as long as you keep the trigger guard clear of debris, and only put your finger in the guard when you are ready to fire, the P10c will not fire. It is safe to carry with a round chambered, and is preferred by many who carry a firearm for defense.
Stuff. And thhaaaanngs.