Author Topic: Any experience with Savoy leather?  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Scooterguy45

Any experience with Savoy leather?
« on: December 25, 2019, 12:23:06 AM »
Caved in and ordered a new rig from savoy? It was kinda spendy. Hoping I made a good decision. Anyone else use them?

Offline Rotorflyr

Re: Any experience with Savoy leather?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:37:13 AM »
Just wondering if you've gotten the holster, and if so how you like it...Looking at the pictures the artistic aspect of the holsters looks really well done, but they don't look like there as well formed to the pistols as some other holsters I've seen.

Offline Scooterguy45

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:39:51 PM »
Sadly in still waiting on the rig. I agree with the above assessment. Beautiful leather. The fit, not sure. Iv seen mixed reviews.
I just took possession of a vedder hybrid holster very similar to a crossbreed, and it has zero retention unless u are wearing it. It slides right out. That was a let down.
To be honest, I'm waiting on rigs from ttgunleather, versa carry, jm4, and clinger.
The waiting is not so fun.
This is my 4th vedder and their kydex is awesome. Their hybrid design, not so much.
I'll post a review of the Savoy when i get it. To be fair I ordered it for a cz97, an uncommon pistol and I wouldn't be surprised if they had to order the blue gun before even starting to work on it.

Offline chesney2323

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 07:38:35 PM »
Bullard Leather is outstanding!! I highly recommend.
https://bullardleather.com/

Offline Scooterguy45

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Just got the email that my holster is on the way. Christmas day till now. Im hoping that the 4 months wait is worth it. But I'm about to get my 3rd and 4th ttgunleather holsters delivered also, and my first 2 are wonderful with 3 to 4 week turnaround times.

Offline Rotorflyr

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »
Looking forward to your take on the Savoy....as for TT's stuff, I can't say as I've heard anything really negative about their work (though like Every company out there someone isn't happy with something!)

Offline Scooterguy45

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 09:13:26 PM »
Basically it's a wash. The leather is beautiful. The actual fit isn't the best. Its like a single action revolver fit. Just slides in and out freely. Idk what i was thinking adding a mag carrier to it. That makes it too big and uncomfy. Also I wish Ida just went with belt loops. If u get the iwb/owb combo, u have tp slide your belt through the holes and get em through the iwb straps. Its a pain. I'd still order again but id do so with the knowledge of no straps and no mag carrier. And id expect 4 months wait

Offline Rotorflyr

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 02:07:50 AM »
Basically it's a wash. The leather is beautiful. The actual fit isn't the best. Its like a single action revolver fit. Just slides in and out freely. Idk what i was thinking adding a mag carrier to it. That makes it too big and uncomfy. Also I wish Ida just went with belt loops. If u get the iwb/owb combo, u have tp slide your belt through the holes and get em through the iwb straps. Its a pain. I'd still order again but id do so with the knowledge of no straps and no mag carrier. And id expect 4 months wait

Thanks for your take on it...From pictures it always looked like it wasn't really "custom" fitted to a particular gun, more sized/roughly shaped for a particular model, but some reviews I saw said the pistols were held tight...

I know if I were to order one I'd go without the mag carrier (seems pointless unless carrying appendix or cross-draw) and it wouldn't be the combo either (which may also make a difference with fit?) Wait for a truly nice piece of custom work doesn't bother me, but I'm torn as to if Savoy would really be "custom" outside of the "artwork" which while apparently nicely done (and great for a bbq holster) isn't worth it if the holster doesn't also perform well for regular (or even semi-regular) carry....fortunately I'm not really "in need" of a holster at this particular time so if I were to order one (from Savoy or any other maker) getting it in a hurry wouldn't be an issue.  :grin: