Author Topic: cz75 compact felt recoil  (Read 2263 times)

Offline georget

cz75 compact felt recoil
« on: June 27, 2020, 06:34:49 AM »
new to forum and CZ. i am looking at the 9 mm CZ 75 compacts. is there much difference between the felt recoil of the all steel compact and the steel/alloy compact? i am not going to carry often, so pistol is mainly just plink and target shoot.

i am recoil sensitive because of carpal tunnel surgery, rotator cuff surgery, arthritis, old age and too many fights when i was a cop.

thanks for your advice.

george t

Offline Rotorflyr

Re: cz75 compact felt recoil
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:48 AM »
Felt recoil is a highly subjective thing...Some people say that the all steel will feel best, other think the alloy is better and others still think polymer does the best job at absorbing recoil.

The best suggestion is to try and find examples to shoot and see which you like best (if any) and go from there.

Offline georget

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 01:50:42 AM »
will do. thanks

Offline Bigborgel

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
I had a CZ 75 Compact and felt it was quite snappy, and that's with an all steel frame. I'm 75 y/o , bum wrist and sore shoulders. To give you a frame of reference, my CZ P10 S with it's poly frame is a lot less snappy, my SIG P226 is way less snappy. My P320 SC was slightly less snappy. A rental SA Hellcat was more snappy. I don't believe the low bore avis does a dam thing for you, but I do feel that the poly grip does flex some.

Offline georget

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 01:52:24 AM »
thanks very much for the info. i could not find a california approved cz compact, so i guess that was a good thing afterall. i did get a cz75 compact bb gun and i must saw that it really felt good in the hand.

that being said, i ended up finding a springfield 9mm 1911 loaded target pistol in stainless steel. it is a massive beast! it should absorb a lot of recoil. i will not carry it for ccw but for target and plinking.

i am 73 yr old that had a misspent youth and middle age and a street cop till i was 52. so my body is busted up too. joints shot to hell.  i think we feel each others pain. old age is not for sissies!

thanks again george t