Author Topic: My next one ...  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Bumpus

My next one ...
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
So, about two months ago I picked up a PCR and it has become my new favorite pistol.

I’m now looking to add a full size CZ to the pile.

I’m looking for something similar ... metal frame with a decocker rather than a safety for DA/SA firing.

I’ve narrowed it to the 75 BD or the 75 B Omega Convertable.  I kinda like the decocker on the 75BD better than the one on the Omega, but I prefer the rear sight/hammer on the Omega.

I think it might just come down to the difference between the standard and Omega triggers.   Opinions on the two triggers from those who own both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline MasterJP

Re: My next one ...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 03:05:00 AM »
I very much prefer the pull and the trigger shape of the Omega pistols.

The new style hook trigger is made to force your finger higher making the pull harder.
The semi-flat trigger of the Omega system allows you to pull from a lower point, having more leverage.
Of course, there are aftermarket triggers for the traditional CZs, which can improve the situation significantly.

The trigger pull on the Omega has more of a rolling feeling, no hard wall, which I loathe. The single-action pull is lighter out of the box.
Of course, there are aftermarket springs to improve the weight on the traditional models, but they exist for the Omega as well.

There are many stories that Omega breaks more easily. I have never had such failure, but I am not one of these turbo ninja keyboard commandos who can claim 50k rounds per year through their guns. I could have been lucky.

Bottom line, for me it is Omega, no doubt. For you, please do extra research before making the purchase decision. :-)