Author Topic: PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster (8" Clips Spacing)  (Read 3103 times)

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster (8" Clips Spacing)
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »

Development history is documented elsewhere* but perhaps TLDR, so here's a cut-to-the-chase new PowerPoint How-To file that allows simply transferring a 1:1 scale printout pattern (Slide 4) to the back of a FoxX RAMI holster to produce the now-optimal 8" clip spacing version.

I increased the tilt angle a few degrees to best re-center the barrel in the new "V" between the (widened) holes, and to expose the grip a bit more.

The holes could easily be elevated 1/8" or so to "sink" the pistol more deeply and still have plenteous two-fingered and thumb access for quick draw. I was very surprised by the fact that when practicing (for the 1st time in my case) quick draw and fire twice drills with a couple of young LE friends I was more often than not quicker pulling from the 12:00 IWB "Invisible 15 Round RAMI" holster than they were from their 4:00 OWB holsters!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KlN2u4E_poYEIMeXWIiYps_GuA0CUhmn

*Invisible 15 Round RAMI: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81829.msg600234#msg600234

*No Print/No Tent 15 Round RAMI: http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5398.msg23061#msg23061

Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
Re: PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster (8" Clips Spacing)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »

One more advantage of the FoxX (over CrossBreed) as starting point is the leather contour in the vicinity of the magazine release: the former is completely relieved in this area where the CrossBreed is not.
I had trimmed the CrossBreed leather in this area to facilitate access to the grip, but still not enough to prevent the leather contacting the magazine release button.
Can't say definitively that it ever happened, but potential seemingly exists for the magazine to be released by abnormal pressure against the CrossBreed's leather backing, an event that would disable automatic feeding if it did happen.
The FoxX is completely open in the magazine release area, making this risk an impossibility while significantly improving grip access.

Offline PappaWheelie

• The Children's Bread
Re: PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster (8" Clips Spacing)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »
I was very surprised by the fact that when practicing (for the 1st time in my case) quick draw and fire twice drills with a couple of young LE friends I was more often than not quicker pulling from the 12:00 IWB "Invisible 15 Round RAMI" holster than they were from their 4:00 OWB holsters!

I now understand; their Level 2 Retention Holsters slowed them down.