Author Topic: Not a 712...BUT PLEASE READ ANYWAY!  (Read 2181 times)

Panoply76

Not a 712...BUT PLEASE READ ANYWAY!
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »
Hey Y'all.

Last Tuesday, I took possession of my new shotgun.  I went with the CZ Bobwhite in 20 gauge.  And guess what?  I found one with a 28" barrel!!!  It is a brand new gun, so I guess CZ at one time made the Bobwhite in 28" and d/c'ed it and the seller just happened to have one in stock, perhaps buried in his warehouse (I worked at a gun store that was the largest firearms retailer in my area.  I didn't stay there long, about 6 months, but know that retailers don't always know what they've got back there.  Even when we did inventory, several 'one of a kind' guns would fall through the cracks).

Anyway, I got my #1 choice in a barrel length that makes me feel more comfortable buying it as I had so many people telling me that 28" was the minimum length for a proper shotgun.

This shotgun is BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to go break some clay with it!

Thanks to all who helped & put up with this shotgun 'newbie.'  I've enough knowledge of rifles, pistols and revolvers (and am an excellent shot with a rifle, 20 years ago I even won a few competitions with rifles and have the trophies to prove it) but shotguns?  Forget about it.  I got a hand-me-down Stevens s/s in 20g that I retired after it discharged upon closing - it's so old, (belonging to my great grandfather who got it as a youth) it doesn't even have serial numbers.  I next bought a Remington 870 (forget the exact model - looks most like the 870 Express Synthetic, the 5 shell variety) but sold it after a year as I needed the money - remember I was about age 19 when this happened. 

Basically, I knew diddly about shotguns and y'all's help was invaluable.  This Bobwhite I intend to have my great grandkids shooting.  God bless CZ!

Y'all's,
Pan

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Not a 712...BUT PLEASE READ ANYWAY!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:39 PM »
Congrats!!! That is a great shotgun and I'm sure it will bring many years of use and happiness!! Glad we were able to help you get what you were looking for!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad