Author Topic: 452 Scout, I cannot say enough good things about this rifle!  (Read 2837 times)

flatpoint

452 Scout, I cannot say enough good things about this rifle!
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
Just took my new Scout out today for the first time. I'm 6'3", and just wanted a little plinker/camping/walk around .22 for fun. It's MUCH more rifle than I thought it would be! The action/bolt are full size, and feel like it. The rifle feeds rounds so well,(ordered a 5 round mag. for it before I got the rifle) that you cannot feel closing the bolt on an empty chamber. I chambered a few rounds, and pulled them to look at them, absolutely NO chambering marks on the bullet! The damn thing shoots VERY well. The trigger spring is heavy, but the sear breaks like glass. I don't know what was going on, but I could not miss with this little guy today. I didn't think I would like the sights much, but they work well! All I can see coming is maybe a 1" butt plate spacer, and a Yodave spring kit....But really, as is, it gets the job done VERY WELL! Quality little rifle! :grin:

Offline frgood

Re: 452 Scout, I cannot say enough good things about this rifle!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:51:12 AM »
The 452 is an excellent platform. I, too, am very fond of my 452. I use my I Ultra Lux to refine my marksmanship skills. It is great for Appleseed and also to share with others to introduce to the shooting discipline. Excellent looks, excellent workmanship, just excellent.

It is encouraging to hear from a fellow fan.

chance-of-rain

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:40:54 PM »
I agree, the scout is a blast  to shoot. Santa  brought  a PINK one for my then 10 year old daughter. She be nearly 14 now  :shocked:and still gets that gleam in her when she shoots it. I installed  the  next lighter yo dave spring that I had in my surplus in it, but other than that it's  bone stock. My daughter,  wife and I  were shooting it this  weekend.

Chance...

Offline frgood

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »
Where's the @#$@ 'Like' button?