Author Topic: 527 Scope Ring Question  (Read 2713 times)

Offline CardiacColt68

527 Scope Ring Question
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »
I have a new 527 on order and plan on putting my Leupold 1-6 VX6 scope on it.  I know I can buy some 30mm Warne rings that will work, but am not sure about ring height.  I'd like to go as low as possible. Sounds like some people buy highs for the 527 and some buy mediums.  Anybody have any insight for a 30mm tubed scope?  Thanks. 

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: 527 Scope Ring Question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:21:26 AM »
Depends on the scope. 40mm obj lens I'd say mid height, 50mm high rings. Buy the leupold rings, they're pricey, but they're made for the gun and scope. Your rifle will love you.

Offline CardiacColt68

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:56:04 AM »
I could buy the Leupold rings.  No probelm there.  The scopei only a 24mm objective so I was wondering if I could get by with tlow rings instead of medium????  But he sights would probably get in the way possibly.  Unless someone has tried something similar or has a definitive answer I'll probably just buy mediums and play it safe. 

DP03

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
I bought the Leopold VX2 2X7 for this gun, and it came with leupold rings. I had previouly bought the warne rings and actually thought they looked better made than the leupolds, so I used them ( both of them medium)

I know this topic is old and you've probably taken care of this, but maybe someone else that's looking at this. My guess would be low rings would be too low. I know that my 33mm objective barely clears the rear sight with the medium rings. The hood on the front sight doesn't seem to be an issue, although I may take it off since it's easy.