Author Topic: Refinishing  (Read 2964 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Refinishing
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
     I am pleased to be able to finally post the url (www.easton-firearms-refinishing.com and the number is 610-252-5334 ) for a brand new Duracoat/Cerakote company up in  Pennsylvainia. I have seen this guys work posted in the other forum and it is really shiny work. He explained the difference between the 2 processes he uses and also took/takes the time to explain about the little things like to many coast will cause problems returning some small screws to their holes because of thinkness issues.
     Anyway I think he is a good guys and since I have not personally ever physically handled any of his finished products I can't nor do I even know jack about Duracote/Cerakote is I can't personally say one way or the other just how good he is. But from what I have seen of his finished work and what others have said about his work, I think maybe chatting this guy up if you are thinking about re-Finishing your waepons couldn't hurt.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Refinishing
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
Cerakote, if I remember correctly, is the product that Nosler are using to coat the inside of the barrel and all external surfaces of the Rifle line (Model 48?) that they introduced several years ago.

I have seen a Nosler rifle but never shot one. I suggest that you check back issues of Rifle magazine for intelligent reviews.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Refinishing
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
     Allways check things for yourself is good advice no matter who is giving the advice. I looked at both duracoat and cerakote finishes and I think personally the cerakote is what I am going to have done to my weapons one or 2 at a time.

But please do your own research, it isn't cheep and if you don't like it. I do not think you can have it removed or if so I doubt it will be easy or cheap. So study, call around as much as you can. find color you like and ask for a real world color sample/swatch. Personally the colors on my monitors leave a little to be desired when replicating the colors and what they are supposed to be on the charts.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice