Author Topic: Redhead Deluxe vs. Other Turks.  (Read 3176 times)

Offline TF135Sierra2Xray

Redhead Deluxe vs. Other Turks.
« on: June 16, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »
Hey All,

I am looking for an over under for bird hunting this year.  I have an upland game preserve 10 minutes from my house and the costs are very reasonable, so I am making it my mission to hunt it this year.

Of course as a CZaholic I am very interested in the Redhead Deluxe, but I am also back in school full time at the not so young age of 36, so money is tight!  I have been looking at some of the other O/U's coming out of Turkey such as the ATI Cavalry and the Tristar Hunter EX.  Does anyone know how these compare to the fine Huglu manufactured CZ Redhead?  Or does anyone know of an equally fine Turkish made gun comparable to the Redhead Del. for slightly less $$$?

Also for you bird hunters out there, is an over under the best first bird gun, or should I really be looking for a semi-auto?  This will not be used primarily for sport shooting, i.e. clays, trap, skeet.  This gun will primarily be used for hunting and likely only hunting.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony
SGT, CAV
OEF1, OIF 1&2

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Re: Redhead Deluxe vs. Other Turks.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »
One way to cut the expense of a "CZ" O/U or SXS is to look for a "Huglu", the actual manufacturer of the shotguns that CZ imports. In the past Armsco, DeHaan, (Tri Imports use to) imported Huglu shotguns and they can still be found on the open market, new and used. I've snagged some really good buys on GB.
 I haven't seen any other Turkish made shotguns that were of the same quality of materials or manufacturing as Huglu.

http://www.dhshotguns.com/

Offline TF135Sierra2Xray

Re: Redhead Deluxe vs. Other Turks.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
OK.  Thanks!
SGT, CAV
OEF1, OIF 1&2