Author Topic: tz 75 series 88 mossad? need opinions might buy today  (Read 14191 times)

wolverine_173

tz 75 series 88 mossad? need opinions might buy today
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
is this a quality gun? is it wortgh 350?

http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/tanfoglio-9mm-cz-75-clone/

Steve H.

Re: tz 75 series 88 mossad? need opinions might buy today
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
The Tanfoglio  - 75 Series  88 Pistol

David Tong Review (NO-BS)
           http://www.chuckhawks.com/tz-75.htm

GO FOR IT ( :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
I would tend to agree, the TZ 75 is a good clone and worth the money. IMHO...
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
  My CZ 75 was bought from Amoskeag Auction. It was inspected very carefully. I knew exactly what I was buying. ***BUYER BE WARE***
I think best to check if parts, springs 'n such are readely available. I'm not really into TZ75 except if I can get a 22 kit ( :smiley: ). There are some very good gunsmith's on the web, that specialize on their repair.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:46 PM »
Yes buy it.  I had one just like it.

wolverine_173

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »
ok so i picked it up and will post pics tomorrow.

I hear there is a small frame and large frame version, how do i know what i have?

My 16 round mecgar cz 75b mag does not seat in it, which disappoints me.

Is this the correct mag? [size=78%]http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_134&products_id=595[/size]
Can i find it cheaper anywhere else?

where can i get a recoil spring? and what is the factory lb spring?

And how do i know when it was made? serial begins with AB

Steve H.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »

My research is very limited. TZ75 was first clone or one of earliest from mid 80s. Specs. were almost exact to CZ75(preB). Israel made slight changes, like 4 1/2" barrel (???). No skimping on quality on that pistol.
Magazines were interchangeable between CZ75(pre B) and TZ75-88series, large frame. I'm not familiar with small frame, if that's what you have.

Try: keepshooting.com for magazines

When your ready to sell I'll buy for $350 ( :smiley: )

kneelingatlas

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
4 1/2" barrel (???)

I hate to break it to you Steve, but all the standard length CZ75 pattern pistols have 4 1/2" barrels.  CZ USA just fibs on the measurements for some unknown reason; don't take my word for it, get out a ruler and see for yourself.  If you look at CZ UB's catalog, they site the correct measurements in mm (114mm for full size 75s and 130mm for for the TS and the Czechmate)

but CZ USA is all over the map:

"BARREL LENGTH:  On shoulder arms and most handguns the distance between the muzzle of the barrel and the face of the breech block or bolt.  On revolvers, it is the overall length of the barrel only, including the portion within the frame."
http://www.saami.org/glossary/display.cfm?letter=b

wolverine_173

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »
alright i shot it today and i like it but i have one problem it shoots 2 inches low at 25ft which sucks. anyone else have this problem? So my options to fix it are get a higher rear sight or file down the front sight.

I shoot plenty of guns and i have the trigger pull and sight picture correct, so if i dont file down the front sight ill probably sell it.

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »
kneelingatlas

Yes y'all are right. After cleaning a while back, I did check measurement and saw the discrepancy. But who am I to correct the great CZ-US. I figured they used calipers or a more precise measuring method. With my old eyes I figured it was my mistake.

All though, if some one tells me they have 4.72 inches. I'm not taking out the ruler to measure.
( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Steve H.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 04:09:10 PM »
wolverine_173

Please calm yourself. ( :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )

May I suggest/comment:
That pistol was not made (specs.) for target loads. What ammo were you using. Do a little research, find out what (Israel) used in 9mm pistols, Uzi an such. I'm sure they were not made for target practice. Their 9mm ammo where interchangeable. Probably hot..

kneelingatlas

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
alright i shot it today and i like it but i have one problem it shoots 2 inches low at 25ft which sucks. anyone else have this problem? So my options to fix it are get a higher rear sight or file down the front sight.

I shoot plenty of guns and i have the trigger pull and sight picture correct, so if i dont file down the front sight ill probably sell it.

Wolverine, there are a number of different rear sights available for your new pistol; if you post a picture, I'd be willing to bet one of us will have just the right one for you.  What weight bullets are you shooting? the difference between 115gn and 147gn projectiles will change the point of impact significantly at 25 feet.

wolverine_173

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
I used 115gr winchester white box. then 50 of my own 115gr reloads. My reloads were more accurate

kneelingatlas

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »
When you say "accurate" do you mean the tightest group, or point of impact closest to the point of aim?

wolverine_173

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
It groups pretty good. just 2 inches lower than where im aiming

here are pics
 http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/tanfoglio-9mm-cz/