Author Topic: Info on these rifles?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Panoply

Info on these rifles?
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
Hi Y'all,
I need a .22 rifle and of course want a CZ.  The 2 I am mainly looking at are the CZ 452 Ultra Lux or the CZ 452 Special Military Training rifle.  Does anyone own one (or even better, both) and can tell me what rifle best suits my needs?  It will mainly be a range rifle but will also be used for plinking and perhaps pest control.
Also, what is y'alls opinion on the .17HMR?  I've never fired one.  How do they compare to the .22LR and how much is the ammunition?
Last thing.  Are higher capacity magazines available for these rifles?

Thanks!
Jeremy
Be Well & God Bless

tenntrapper

Re: Info on these rifles?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:57:12 PM »
The only info I can give is that, generly speaking the 17 hmr ammo is more expensive. Although in todays ammo world, not so much. The 17 hmr is also very destructive to squirrel sized critters. If hunting is your game, go with the 22. The 17 hmr has a laser flat trajectory. Very accurate round, on a windless day. Both have pros and cons. Maybe go with the 455 combo, you get both. Just my opinion.

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Info on these rifles?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
The Ultra Lux makes more sense for iron sight shooting, either open sight (as delivered), peep/bead or globe (peep backsight and aperture foresight) due to longer sight radius. Peep sights can either be Williams, Williams/Lyman or new old stock Brno from Brnoman (rfc website).

The standard rifle makes more sense for scope use.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.