Author Topic: FYI about x39 mags  (Read 2998 times)

chris in va

FYI about x39 mags
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
After I bought my x39 carbine a few years ago I noticed the magazine was sending the rounds up at a 45 degree angle, jamming the action.  CZ sent me two new magazines and wanted me to send back the original two at my expense.

Unfortunately the new ones did the same thing.  I sat down and had a hard look at the mags, and discovered a machining burr where that notch is punched out at the back.  The case head would get hung up there and the tilting follower just sent the case tip skyward.

A few seconds filing off that burr fixed everything.  I notified CZ USA what I found, but got a terse "OK" and that was it.  I hope this helps someone.

PA452

Re: FYI about x39 mags
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
I'd had a problem with my x39 mag, but I think the problem is with the spring design. I replaced the spring with one from a 527 .223 mag, and now it works fine.

I called CZ-USA about this and talked to a smith. He seemed skeptical and wanted me to send the whole rifle in so he could get it feeding. But I don't want to pay to ship the entire rifle in.

It had feeding problems from the beginning. A friend has the same rifle and his does the same thing. I have a number of other 527s; the 7.62x39 mag is the only one that has this problem.

LA-fatman

Re: FYI about x39 mags
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
One of my mags had a buckle at the same spot you describe and would bind the 4th and 5th round when loading the mag. Did not have problem when feeding rounds into chamber. Like your's the cure was to file the rear wall to side wall corner in that area square and problem solved.

Charlie