Author Topic: CZ Mallard 12 Guage recoil reduction tips?  (Read 3769 times)

Vet0809

CZ Mallard 12 Guage recoil reduction tips?
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »
I a  new member just boughtmy first CZ and got the Mallard o/u 12 guage and took it out fo my first skeet shoot yesterday. I went 5 fo 25 but I am use to an autoloader and they have almost no recoil. I need to get my choke set up correct. But one thing that I have noticed after just 25 rounds is the recoil on a o/u is redicioulus. My shoulder is sore today. If anyone has any advice on how to reduce recoil with a pad or whatever please let me know! Thanks!

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ Mallard 12 Guage recoil reduction tips?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »
Remington has a new recoil pad called the "SuperCell that might help.  They are for sale on Amazon.com, just be sure to get the one for wood stocks.
  Most shotguns have a 1" tunnel where the stock is attached to the receiver.  A piece of 3/4" copper pipe filled with solder will fit in the tunnel.  Just cut a piece to fit snug and fill it with solder or lead.  A 5" piece of this weighs a pound and will reduce the recoil quite a bit.  A little dab of silicone on the recoil pad will hold the pipe in place and keep it from rattling.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: CZ Mallard 12 Guage recoil reduction tips?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »
As well as what RF said, buy a padded shooting vest. It will spread the recoil over a larger area, and really helps prevent bruising and soreness. If you shoot a lot, then its a great investment, and they're really not that expensive.