Author Topic: Custom Grips  (Read 13125 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Custom Grips
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:50 AM »
One thing that has dissappointed me about the CZ line is the startling lack of custom grips. I contacted the guy at www.1911stuff.com to see if they'd make a custom set of grips, and basically got a "Hell No." reply. They have some awesome grips for 1911s, but won't make any for other guns. I've found a few other people who do custom CZ grips, but only in wood or G10. I'd like some G10 handles if I could get the designs I want on them. If anyone knows someone who can make a pair of custom G10 grips with logos, don't be shy, send me their info.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Custom Grips
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »
     Sorry I have never heard of anything called G10 let alone made into grips? Would you please elucidate more on what that/those are? I have been looking for someone to make grips with a design that I want on them. I have found a couple so I'll see if I can find which favorites link I stored them in, or emails. The tricky part is finding an artist that can make both a line drawing of what I want and a color version, or simply one or the other.
     Anyway please define/explain G10 and I’ll see if I can find what I have/had on folks that would make the grips and add the design. Come to think of it, and it would take longer to do, but maybe finding someone that makes the grips for the CZ you want them for in the material you want and then sending them to an laser engraving service with your design may actually work out better? Still a pain in the tookes, but maybe easier than finding the same person to do both?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »
G10 is a common knife handle material that provides outstanding grip surface and can be very aggressively checkered. czcustom.com has G10 grips, but not with designs, and no way that I know of to add custom designs. Just google G10 handle and look at the wikipedia entry, it'll explain it way better than I ever could.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
        OK I can do that and thanks for the information. I will still look for the names of the companies that do Laser etching. It may be the way to go, by taking the original the grips off and then send them to be engraved. Or having them made in/with G10 and then sending them to be lazered.  Give me a day to see if I can remember who they are and where I filed their information.

Actually Sorry it's taking longer to find my list than I thought. I am try to do to many things at once to build this forum into something bigger and better that ever CZ owner the world over can be proud off. I think I may be in over my head but I am sure as hell going to try. So please bear with me and the time frames I think I can do something in.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:47:14 PM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 02:26:12 AM »
CZ Custom G10 Grips:

http://czcustom.com/vzgripsblackg10.aspx

There are a bevy of laser engraving services near my home, so I may partake of those. I contacted VZ Grips, they make the grips for CZ Customs to see if they can engrave a logo on them, if not, then I'll just take it to one of the places around here.

http://vzgrips.com/

I want my custom grips!!!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:16:50 AM »
And I do not blame you! I have wanted some for about 6 months now. But I can find someone to make the grips but not the custom design/logo, or the design/logo but not the grips for the model CZ I want them for.  :-X  And thanks for the links I'll check them out now. Let me know what VZGrips has to say about the custom design, please? Frankly I really don't like anything they have for CZ's at all.

But that don't mean I am closed minded about their stuff, I am Allways up for something new. And I do like the skulls on the 1911 grips. I just wonder if they could put a picture (line drawing would be fine) of Death on a red grip and the Grim Reaper on a set of White grips. Or I could siply settle for a set of dragons.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:58:24 AM by GhostWarrior »

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot to answer back. They said they don't engrave or customize. Ugh...

There's a place here in town that I can MAYBE get it done, I just have to talk the wife into letting me buy grips for a customization project. I swear its like a capitol project. I have to submit cost estimates, budget over run estimates, ect.... ugh. On the brighter side, I may also have the slide custom engraved as well. For those of you familiar with the Boondock Saints, I was thinking about having Veritas put on one side, and Aquetas on the other. Along with the grips I have in mind it would be a sickingly awesome project. They'd look something like this:

I think those would be pretty badass.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:26:55 PM by Angryvikingman »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Oh YA Baby! I LIKE it!  :smiley:

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
Hello Angryvikingman,
 Ist. post, in regard to custom grips, contact www.paul@designergrips.com.
 I have seen some good comments on his work,and just ordered a set of grips
 for a CZ82, made of composite material, for $35.00 + $5.00 S&H.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
Ah, cool, thanks!

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
Hello again, AngryVikingman,
   I received the grips today, for my CZ82, and they are excellent ( fit & finish).
   I got black ones, as I wanted to maintain the original look'( the old ones were scarred
 up badly). Did you check the website, I think he makes wood grips for the CZ75.
   I ordered last Friday, and got them today ( Thursday), less than a week.
   He makes grips for about all the CZ models. The cost, $ 35.00 + $5.00 S&H., for the
 molded fiberglass ones.       paul@designergrips.com.
    Maybe this should be moved, if we have a place to post items of interest.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 01:18:39 PM »
      Personally I am not found of that style of grip. BUT I really do like those white ones, and I wonder if he can do some custom engraving. I will ask. BTW I think I allready have him listed in the Grips Makers section but if not he will be in a few moments. If any one has a holster maker or grip maker or any other custom accessory makers post them what they do and a way for folks to actually see the workmanship. I will post them in what ever group they belong in. I will not play favorites nor let my personal tastes guide me in any way. If you like what ever it is and it's weapon (CZ Please) related then probably there will be others, and I would say nay nay just because I am not wild about what ever it is.

Free enterprise made this Country and I aim to see it thrive if I can.

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »

Thought I would post pics. of the new grips I got for my CZ82, I know they are not
flashy, but I wanted them to look like the original ones. you will notice that he added
material around the screw holes, which was needed,as you can see on the old grip.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »
     Those Sir are shiny as hell. He did a great job making those and you are correct those things Need to have the screw hole thickened. The head curator at the NRA Museum, mentioned that back then the Czechs didn't have a very good plastics industry so their plastic grips have allways been a problem area. Especially trying to find an older pistol in Museum condition. I think there's a different word I should have used but I can't think of it offhand.
     Anyway really shiny! I am going to see what he can do with the white grips if anything other than the checkering.

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »
 Ghostwarrior, I am pretty sure you can get them smooth, without the checkering.
 He says he tries to get an order out in 3 days, I got mine in lest than a week.