Author Topic: Thoughts on the P-01?  (Read 25388 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Thoughts on the P-01?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »
Yeah, no kidding. Everything thats gun related and remotely cool is far from TN, and this is "The Patron State of Shooting Stuff". Lol! I would really like to gt a bunch of my LEO and Military buddies together and form a shooting school here in TN.

undrlord

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
that would be so cool.  i have always wanted to open a gun store or something with a range.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
Talk to your buddies and see if we can't get some seed money. All you need is about 5 acres and some staff. Rent a backhoe and make some berms, and presto, you have a range. I think you know which buddy I mean. :)

undrlord

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
By buddy are you talking about me dad?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
     Just keep one tiny little detail in mind when looking for Outdoor range space. Well 2 things first: A) My information is at least 20 years old, B) I do not know a thing about any part of Tn with the possible exception of Nashville (no I did not go see Graceland, Elvis was still alive then). So I do not know if this will actually effect even the idea of having an outdoor range, Especially a range capable of rifle shooting

The US Coast Guard will NOT allow any shooting range to be built within I think it was at least a MILE of any navigable water way that comes under their jurisdiction, which I take to mean Rivers, Canals, Bayous, Lakes large enough to rate a Coast Guard station however small, etc. If the water anywhere with in a mile of your range is under Coast Guard Jurisdiction, they will veto the entire thing. Double check on that/this, since as I said my information is OLD. I know this because back when I was with the Sheriff's Office back home the qualification/practice range that was not just used by my department but 3 other Departments as well was shut down by order of the Coast Guard after a Canal or Bayou got dredged or built (I forget which) that was deep enough to have crew boats, and other commercial and sport fishing vessels use it. And the Range had been there for over 25 years BEFORE the waterway was built or deepened or what ever. And the range was actually Barely short of the 1 mile limit, Didn't matter one bit, The range was closed and it was a year before a new site could be found and built up.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

undrlord

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
Very interesting to know.

I know there are ranges around my area but most are indoor and the out door range has some like 2 year waiting list to become a member which I think sucks, but i am sure they have their reasons.

I would like to have a place that is a range for just an every day person to come out and shoot or have company events or whatever at.  With the addition of instructional classes for pistol, rifle and shotgun.  Maybe some specific for home protection, how to clear a room, what to do under pressure of hearing someone break in your house, etc.

There are a lot of ways you can go with it and I am sure it would be a lot of work but some how I think I would feel gratified at the end of the day.  Lots of insurance I am sure  :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
Na not more than a couple Million I'm sure, Hell of an idea though.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

undrlord

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »
Sign me up!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
And we have hijacked yet another topic.  :cool:

undrlord

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »
It is just to easy to do I guess

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »
Hey, it happens! I meant the Barrett kid you're friends with. Surely they have some land out in Christiana that they'd be willing to sell cheap to parties interested in promoting shooting sports. Especially if it gets them some positive press. I could always go see Mr. Barrett at his house. I know where he lives. Course I could end up with a gun in my face. I can always draft a proposal and present it to them, its pretty easy to draw that kind of thing up. Sorry, I keep perpetuating this thread jacking. I'll make a topic in a sec.

dh p01

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »
My P-01 is the only pistol I trust to fire first time, every time. I never had any failure or problem of any kind.  Great gun. :wink: 

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
The P-01 is about as Rock Solid as any pistol can be.

A very reliable and durable multi-tasker.

One gun that I have no problem with carrying right out of the box.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:35:38 PM by CZ-RAMI-2075 »
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 04:46:48 PM »
Whats the switch on the bottom of the grips for? Laser?

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »
Hi, yes. to turn the laser grip on or off.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:57:37 PM by CZ-RAMI-2075 »
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.