Author Topic: ADVICE PLEASE - CC holster for my new RAMI BD  (Read 9067 times)

CZTactiC00l

ADVICE PLEASE - CC holster for my new RAMI BD
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »
I have a RAMI BD on the way and will be needing a good concealed carry holster for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: ADVICE PLEASE - CC holster for my new RAMI BD
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »
     I have 2 holsters that will fit RAMI or at least the RAMI 2075 P one anyway, one is from Hazel Leather.com it's an ISW model that I like. And there is another holster that I have the is a OWB but the only thing I can identify ir with is the letters WT embossed on the holster. The logo resembles a Ranch Brand since the WT are inside an oval. I Think there is something else written inside the top and bottom of the oval, but if there is I sure can't read it. Possibly some else knows what I am describing. Since I get/got most of my pistols online and some of them came with holsters I can't say where I got that particular holster. It works fine, fits the RAMI just fine. I do like them both and I would also suggest you look at Eric’s work at HBE. He does some superior work and he made the Gator hide rigs I posted. Along with the Shark Skin holster and mag pouch I asked him to make for my CZ 82.

So there you go 2.5 choices more or less and I figure one or two other of our members may have some idea and suggestions also.

And I owe an Opps, sorry to Taurisholsters, They have also done som fine work for me. These are all great Leather Companies, and if you are loking for something in Cordera material or Kydex there are also very good Nfgs in those areas as well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:28:04 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZTactiC00l

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:28:22 PM »
I'm right-handed but would like to try an inside the belt conceal holster that sits at the small of my back...so I'm guessing I'd actually need an left-handed holster.  Right?  :)

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »
     Possibly, I am guessing, but I think it would be a matter of How you wanted the pistol positioned, Grip up or grip down. Also part and parcel is do you want the holster to fit the belt horizontaly or in a more or less vertical position? The keep in mind 2 things about a small of the back holster:
     1) When you bend over it may actually be seen, at the least the outline of it will be seen through whatever you are using to conceal it with up to and including something heavy like a Navy Pea Coat btw(WHO thought up that name for them and why?) or even an extreme temp coat. The outline is not easy to hide once tension (Like leaning over) is applied to the material.
     2) It has been said that having a weapon in the small of you back is a bad idea based on what if you fall backwards on a hard surface for whatever reasons. The likely hood of you really messing up your back is increased because on the weapon and holster creating a ridge under your spine. Basically and edge to break it on/with, plus you get to have it digging into your back whenever you are sitting down especially when driving or in a restraint with upscale straight back chairs. Those are real comfy when you have to sit in them for long, Yea NOT!  ::)
     I hope this helps you decide, and for the record I have a left-handed holster I use on those occasions when all I have to do is wear a jacket/coat of some sort and stand around. Like parties, or I can sit with my back towards the wall and nothing/behind me. A;though sometimes folks look at you funny when you are sitting up straight All the time.  ;D

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline MLU

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »
I picked up a DeSantis "Cozy Partner" IWB.  It's molded for a Glock 26/27/33 but fits the RAMI perfect.
Great quality for under $60.  Let us know what you pick.
To the "03"
CZ 1911A1
CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
Glocks
SA 1911s

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:31 PM »
I carry my SP-01 in a De Santis. Its a decent holster.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »
Hey MLU and AVM

This is one of those time when I really love this forum and the folks that belong to it. When I posted my reply to CZTactiC00l I was thinking on the belt and mounted horizontally as apposed to vertically. Or even Vertically since I have a left hand Gator holster I can mount on the back of my belt etc. I just hadn't thought about a IWB holster and how that would greatly reduce the profile when you were leaning over. Frankly I don't think anyone actually made IWB holster back in the cave man days when I was on the job. At least I don't remember seeing any. If I carried a weapon tucked into the small of my back I simply just stuck a weapon between my pants and shirt and hoped the belt was tight enough to keep the weapon from sliding down my pants. (BTW let me be the first to point out how bad an idea this is/was and when the weapon starts sliding down the back of your pants and down the inside of the leg in public Especially at a reception or whatever. The humour of the situation, and the embarrassment, along with the thoughts of how the hell were you going to get out of that mess without attracting attention all start fighting for the center of your attention at the same time and you sinply freexe in place wondering wether to simply shat or go blind thinking about it) :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

So it is very shiny that I read both your posts on the subject and I love the whole idea. THATS why this Forum will work Because we all have a different way of seeing answers to the same question but sometimes we older guys learn from the younger guys like you 2  and vise verse as long as we keep an open mind and don't just go into knee jerk reflex when someone says something we had no experience with and might think was a bad idea when if time was taking to try the idea we might well accept it.

My points about it showing fairly plainly when you bend over are still valid as is my saying it could seriously mess up your back if you felt over backwards on it. But other than that I thank you both for your input on the subject and I thank CZTactiC00l for even bring up the subject.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »
My De Santis is reversable. You can just move the belt/pants clip to either side for ambi handed carry, or IWB or OWB. Depending on my mood, I Conceal or sometimes plain Open carry. I usually carry it right on my hip and if it pokes out a bit, most people think its a cellphone case. I don't like carrying in the small of back because I'm a big guy and sometimes it gets sweaty back there, and I don't want to have to wash my holster all the time. LOL! Not to mention its not as comfortable for me. Sometimes I carry it slid around either behind my right rear pants pocket, or between my front and rear pocket. I really don't want to draw from any farther back than that. Yeah, its hard to conceal an SP-01, but like I said, I'm a big guy, so I can make it happen. ;)

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
Good to know, I am not so small my own self so I think I will just go ahead and call DeSantas and see about an exact model as yours.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:29 AM »
I think I still have the package that it came in....

Ok, evidently I don't, but it fits, and doesn't snag the sights. I just kind of wish that there was a retention strap on it. The thumb flick kind, not fastex clip. Those are more truble than they're worth and hard to get open in hurry.

Offline MLU

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »
Added a PIC. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
To the "03"
CZ 1911A1
CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
Glocks
SA 1911s

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 02:03:53 PM »
Shiny holster. I think I like that, I wonder if I can get it in maroon?

saltshaker113

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
I Have Found Several Hosters That Fit Cz Guns On Ebay ,The Seller Has A Store Called Holster World,And Also Holster 4 guns.com,Hope This Helps!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »
     Thanks for posting their names. I am trying to amass as many Holster Makers or sellers as I can along with a set form all the member can look at and fine the correct holster for the pistol or gun they have. So far Galco has been the only one to actually fill out my form but 2 others simply sent lists and I am having trouble trying to add them in the proper places because of the way the makers listed them and the form. But I really want to have a really good list and as soon as I can I will post their inform in the same formate as Galco's. So now I will add those 2 you mentioned and send them the spread sheet and see what they have to say.
    The thing that is driving me is that thee are folks that make Holsters for CZ's but only certainly models and since there are a couple dozen makers/sellers trying to go from one company site to another to find whatyou want is madding. I hope I can make it easier for all of us.

wiggley

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
I'm probably way to late getting in to this; But, I tried a SOB holster for my RAMI a few years ago. I hurt a lot when I sat down in a chair or car seat.