Author Topic: cz 527 carbine 7.62x39 problem  (Read 8587 times)

mrm357

cz 527 carbine 7.62x39 problem
« on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
I purchased a new cz 527 carbine in 7.62x39, took it to the range today for test firing and sighting in.  To my extreme disappointment the rifle would not eject the rounds.  After a round was fired and you lifted bolt handle and began to pull the bolt to the rear the bolt would jam inside the receiver and not eject the case.  At first i thought it was just the type of ammo but another person at the range had 3 types of ammo ranging from low grade to high grade ammo.  The cz would not eject any of the rounds used.  We even tried chambering a round without firing and then ejecting and it still would not eject the round.  The bolt jammed every time while trying to bring it back.  It appears that the extractor claw assembly sits to far out, once a round is locked in on the bolt face making it impossible to pull the bolt all the way back.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if cz fixed it.   CZ is going to take the rifle and diagnose/fix the problem for me.  I just hope it is fixed since I thought i was buying a top quality rifle.

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: cz 527 carbine 7.62x39 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »
mrm357, I have never seen that problem with a CZ but I have seen it with new .22s at times. It is a frustrating issue, but the law of averages applies with all manufactured goods and I would rather see a tight extractor (that can be fixed) than a loose extractor which will stop working reliably after a few hundred rounds. Remember, this is a quality action that is designed to handle tens of thousands of rounds, not a parts-rattling ***Mart special that is expected to fire twenty rounds a year.

Think positive thoughts and please repeat the gunsmith's report to us, after the rifle is returned to you.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: cz 527 carbine 7.62x39 problem
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
        Yes  please let us know how things turn out. The folks at CZ-USA are great and their Customer Service is great also, I really bite big time with longguns, but that doesn't mean I don't own a couple (Well I have them but when I take them out to the range ever Range Safety Officer hauls it over to me and makes me put it back in the car. They keep muttering things like couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, and I think one of them said I killed 2 trees and one of those experimental aircraft :laugh: ) I thought if you threw 5 grand at a rifle and scope the thing would do the rest. Possibly I was mistaken, and even if none of them are like yours just having the knowledge alone is good.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice