Author Topic: Went out with my Son  (Read 18538 times)

CZ04FT

Went out with my Son
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
I went out with my son today. He fired his new Kimber 45 ACP for the first time today. At 7 yds the kid (34 y.o., the baby) was right on. He didn't like my .380. Felt it recoiled more than his Kimber heavy weight. He shot his S&W model 64 38 Spl wheel gun for the first time in a long while.

He didn't even want to try my Kadet .22 LR. He thinks it is too much of a toy. The trigger on my CZ 75 B 9 mm frame is getting real nice with all the rounds going through the Kadet slide. Shot up some 9 mm as well. He liked that.

We torn a lot of holes in paper. Probably should have saved some of the used targets. We didn't, so all I can do is brag.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Went out with my Son
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:30 AM »
         Remind him that .22's are used or I suppose I should say "Used" by pretty much all the Special Ops people at one point or another since WWI and that Ruger makes a version of their .22 Mark I's, II', and III's with an intergal suppressed barrel just for that reason. Not to mention one or 2 groups that shall remain nameless but really like black suites. :rolleyes:

Also there are more than a couple bodies buried in various deserts that got that way from the same said lowly .22 :cool:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »
Haha! Yeah... I don't always enjoy shooting .22 as much as others, but it's no joke. By the way, I'd love to get a suppressed MkII. Someday...

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
           Pretty easy to do, A) have a irrevocable trust set up, Find a really friendly lawyer could get above $200.00, B) then buy the pistol, then fill out paperwork add a check for 200.00, C) Send it (the paper work and check made out to BATFE (Do not forget the E at the end, they get snarky when you do.) off to the BATFE and sit back and wait about 6 months (if they are really trying to get the backlog caught up). Then when they send it to your LGS you can pop over and pick it up. There is a rumour, and I stress rumour, that the folks in whotterville, are seriously thinking of bagging that sys and simply doing instant checks and sending them out with in a week or so, I will believe that when I see it. Supposedly by the end of this year (2012).

And since we are on the subject of our very dear friends you can buy a full auto, but NOT take it home. (Unless you happen to have a Class 3 FFL.) It has to stay in the shop and you have to go there to use it? The other parts about the trust and stamp still apply.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »
I live in Utah! I can have a many full auto in my home as i can afford!  :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:08:02 AM »
           OK maybe I didn't understand about the full auto part. I have never had to buy one for my own use as it were, they just got handed to me I signed paper work and then turned it in when I left whomever I was working for.  So I suppose the laws have changed in 30 or 40 years regarding full auto's? So you don't need an FFL or the tax stamp? or is that just in Utah? I swear I thought that full auto had to have at least an Class 3 FFL for it to be in your possesion?? It's a Federal Law?

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »
 It's Class III, and there's a ton of crapto go through. It takes about 4 months and you need a tax stamp. Still, any citizen who can pass the bg check and pay the huge pricetag on the firearm itself can posess a full auto firearm.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
Even if I could get one, I couldn't afford the ammo to shoot a fully auto weapon..... :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
I wouldn't bother with full auto either. Pick your shots I say!  :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
        Ah OK though that was the case. Can't say as I need/want one badly enough to go through the paper work unless I can do it all at one time in one place and not have to chase all over town getting signatures or ok's. The tax stamp I can do, but you have to only wait a couple months to get a tax stamp for full auto? I have been waiting at least 6 months just to get the first one for my Ruger, and longer waiting for the one for the 9mm suppressor. Different departments maybe? And not as many applications? Or were you just trying to soften the news about how long someone actually has to wait? It was nice try if you were. :laugh:

No way in the underworld am I going to ever apply, let alone get an FFL. I'm not giving the feds any reason to enter my home with out a search warrent. And BATFE doesn't need one because they have 24/7 access to all your firearms records.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »
      Oh ya I forgot, they are very usfull  when the Salom are running. You can get a lot more at one time. Or shoot the Bear especially if he's armed. I do after all support the right to arm Bears. :laugh: :tongue:

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
Haha!
I would own a full auto, but only if it was given to me. Suppressors, on the other hand, are something I will eventually put money into.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
      Oh ya I forgot, they are very usfull  when the Salom are running. You can get a lot more at one time. Or shoot the Bear especially if he's armed. I do after all support the right to arm Bears. :laugh: :tongue:

We used to shoot fish...It was a lot of fun. Of course they were trash fish (alligator gar) that would get trapped in the giant water holes washed out behind the watershed dam's. We had 5 small lakes adjacent to our farm/ranch and could walk to all of them to fish crappie and bass. But one summer day when we were walking across the dam we spotted some huge  3' - 5' fish rolling in the water holes. The gar were catching small fish that were trapped with them. We tried and tried to catch one but they would just bite our leaders off like a thread. Next time we came prepared. A 3030 and 222 did a number on them. We didn't have to actually hit the fish, just hit close to them and the concussion would knock them out and they would float for a few minutes until they recovered. We hauled the largest one home to show our mom's. My mom couldn't believe that such a creature existed. She had nightmares that night. Too much fun.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
          Well as a New Orleans, and Mississippi gulf coast raised coonass, I would suggest using a meat hook, wired metal cable for the first two feet and some rotten fish or a chicken. No way they get off those and ya you have to shoot them no matter what. Ugly and smell to height heaven if left out in the sun, and not all that eatable. (They have been or can be eaten but I would have to be rely hungry to eat one.)