Author Topic: 9mm  (Read 11769 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: 9mm
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »
     OK I have said repeatedly that I would simply move a topic from the wrong place to the correct place with out saying anything about the move. I really thought and still think folks do not need to be chastised for making a simply mistake. HOWEVER in this case I broke my own rule for which I do sincerely apologise to BMAK for. Why I did it is, because I couldn't simply move the topic to another place because it was and is in entirely the wrong place. I might have worded the responce a bit differently though.

A question like this if if gets asked (and it shouldn't since it's mentioned in the rules as a no no if anyone cares to read them) Should have been asked in the Trading Post section and failing that well the only other back up place would and should have been the P-06 Board. Certainly NOT here on the CZ75 D PCR board. Come on Estimates are so subjective it's ridicules to even try. Even Auction House guess wrong sometimes and that's on things the spent their whole lives studying up on, Not to mention most of it is antiquests which increase in value. But closer to home even Gun Collectors guess wrong. I don't want anyone to get their feather ruffled because they asked for an estimate on something, and some one gave them that estimate and if/when it turned out wrong then we have discord at best and a flame war at worse. I will not allow either of those 2 options to exist if I can help it. And to add one small point there wasn't even a Picture to go with the request, How can anyone guesstimate a worth when they can't even see what you want the guesstimate for? And don't go there, putting up a pic would still have gotten the same responce I am just pointing out a reasonable suggestion/question?

Look BMAK I really am sorry about your feelings, and Possibly I could have said something different, but you didn't even try to get any part of your request right. Still I hope you stay with us and we can help you with something else more in line with what this Forum is for.

I now return you back to our regularly scheduled topic for this board.

PS

I just noticed RAMI's post about what he would pay for a P-06, Which made me go back and look at your original post. Since you didn't say anything about wether your were selling or buying I went with the presumption you were trying to Sell one. RAMI isn't sure either wether you are buying or selling so he answered your how much to Buy a P-06 with what he would pay. There is a Huge difference between wanting to buy a pistol and wanting to sell a pistol. If you are looking to buy on the I would pretty much go with RAMI's price estimate. He knows as much about CZ's as anyone I know including Angus, and I NEVER not follow his (RAMI's) advise.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:32:25 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

BMAK

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:29 AM »
Sorry - I was new to your site and did not know better.I simply lookeds at the site as being named CZ Forum and did not realize that I had to be so specific. Next time I'll just buy an online BlueBook value, so I don't break any rules.  I asked the question, not because I was looking to sell anything, but instead becasuse I was interested in getting a CZ used handgun from someone and looked to you all for advice to ensure I was not getting played a like a fool
Will not happen again,
Please move on and leave me out of any future posts.
Best regards,
BMak

gator-1

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 03:10:48 AM »
I bought a couple of met-gars for my pcr from www.trophyshuntinggear.com they were 16 and change.  Very quick delivery and no problems. I also bought one for my wife's p22.  Was the best price I found.  Really like my pcr, I hope you enjoy yours as much.  :grin:

BMAK

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »
Thanks, I got several of them from Greg Cote LLC.  He has a great selection of most all magazines at very reasonable costs.
I have six other pistols, but enjoy shooting the CZ more than any of them. :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »
you guys haven't had any trouble with the Mec-gars? none of them seem to fit any Pre-B I own, but work fine in the B model anything I have tried them in. I have to figure out a way to mark the Met_Gars so I don't try to use them in my older guns. Or does anyone think that I should see if the mags could be striped down to base metal and something else done to coat them? I think, guess, whichever that it's the paint or preservative they use in the mags is making them too thick. Open to any suggestions.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:29 PM »
@GW

Get some thin red or blue tape and make a singe wrap around the base of the mag just above the base plate. Or use an engraver or dremel and put B for B model and newer or PB on the Pre-B mags.

gator-1

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 02:50:18 AM »
I only have the PCR but haven't had any problems with the Mec Gar mags.  They seem well made from metal and the springs seem as stiff as the one that came with the orig mag.  I bought mine a little over a year ago.

jack76590

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 05:14:57 PM »
I only have the PCR but haven't had any problems with the Mec Gar mags.  They seem well made from metal and the springs seem as stiff as the one that came with the orig mag.  I bought mine a little over a year ago.

I bought some mec gar mags for my PCR. I think they are the same mag except for no printing on one side of the factory mag.

My factory mags had witness holes and numbers next to witness holes to indicate number of rounds. Nothing on other side of factory mags.

Mec gar mag also had witness holes and numbers on same side of mag as factory. But on other side of mec gar mag was printing indicating what gun it was for and word "mec gar."

Otherwise mags exactly alike as far as I could tell. Down to every little dimple, bend, shade of bluing, etc both inside and out. Yes I disassembed and compared the inside of both mags. Follower, spring, baseplate, baseplate insert all looked exactly the same with same finish and were interchangable.

I also emailed mec gar and they informed me that CZ factory mag springs work in mec gar mags.

In short I think mec gar provides CZ with same mags they sell under the mec gar name, but without the markings on the one side.

gator-1

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
good to know, I didn't go that far, just tryed them and they worked :cheesy:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
      I did say the mags worked in all the newrer models I own, Just don't fit in the old CZ 75 Pre-B Model.
      Angryvikingman thanks for the idea . I'll give that a try. I was going to by some magwels and Red Or Blue mag shoes as easy idententfication. But I'm going to try your way first. I think I'm still going to see about getting some Magwells though, Really don't help concealablity at all. but they appear to make getting the Mag in a lot quicker especially in low light and in a hurry.