Author Topic: This is Why Utah Rules (19-0)  (Read 11504 times)

b5.5dan

This is Why Utah Rules (19-0)
« on: March 02, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
So, even though it should NEVER even be an issue, legislation to protect homeowners who defend themselves and their loved ones (and even property) is rocketing through our system. Read the link, smile, and start looking into real estate in Utah!  :laugh:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865551322/Lawmakers-debate-civil-liability-of-home-invasions-as-police-investigate-Springville-case.html?s_cid=Email-1

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: This is Why Utah Rules (19-0)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
            Hey Dan I just realized something, since the Great State of Utah band Multiple Wives, at the same time. Is there any laws about owning more than one firearm at a time? Or do you have to sell the first one to buy the second and so on. Or can you just buy a big enough safe and simply explain that the safe just happens to be where they all reside and they each have their own place?  :tongue: Sort of like a big steel apartment building only without some walls here and there?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
Multiples are encouraged, as long as we show equal love to all of them. Law mandates an equal gun/holster ratio, so that they can each spend quality time at the side of the head of the household. Just don't tell my wife I said so.  :laugh:

The law says, if I have interpreted it correctly, that I shouldn't carry a knife concealed, but I CAN carry as many firearms as I can conceal. OC rifles are permitted...  :laugh:

kardavr

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Man, I wish MN would do that.  They've passed it through the Senate, but now I having a feeling that our gov is going to veto it since he is getting pressure from the Police chiefs.  From everything I've heard, most officers are in favor of it passing, but the police chiefs are strongly oppossed.  There's always a chance...

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
I know that "people" think that Constitutional gun laws create crime, but that just doesn't make sense. If people know that it is unacceptable to break into people's homes, and that there are real consequences, that behavior lessens. We really don't have much home invasion here. And when it happens, it is usually drug or gang related.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
        Anyone ever notice that among normal civilians that carry tend not to lose their cool, or at the very least they are polite to each other? When I know you have my back and you know I have yours, and that between us (however many "us" there are) we have unity, that hatefull people tend to go someplace else once word gets around? Crime in general drops, and life is simply easier and more fun? Probably because Bullies don't like it when someone stands up to them and explains the facts of life, in a usefull sort of way. 

Or maybe that's just me.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
That's a perfect illustration. In "Full Metal Jacket (one of my favorite movies of all time), he Gunnie basically says that if we always put locks on our lockers, there wouldn't be any thievery. When citizens take responsibility for their safety, well-being, and GOVERNMENT, the community is a much better place!