Author Topic: Long term into on Redhead target? new to trap and looking for first shotgun  (Read 2544 times)

Offline bozack

Hello All,

So I am looking at getting a shotgun for trap and am wondering if there are folks here who have used the Redhead target model for a while and what their thoughts were?

Whenever I go to the trap sites I am basically told B gun or bust, if it isn't a Browning, Beretta, or something that is seemingly 10K+ then it is junk.

But from what I have read about CZ it seems that they are doing pretty good with service and their overall quality appears to be good

I am down to either compromise to get a Browning pump or single shot (BPS or Bt99) or go with the Red head target, if I had to I could spend more but I really don't want to spend more than a grand on a new gun if I can.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
I used to shoot trap with a Riverside 215 made by Stevens in the 1930's.  I could get a score over twenty with it.  While I don't recommend that you get a double hammer gun, I can tell you that a cheap gun will let you get started.  From there you can decide what you like.  I do miss shooting trap, I can't find another group that puts out as much B.S.  They are entertaining to listen to !

Offline bozack

Hey thanks,

I am also looking at just the regular Redhead with the 28" barrels as it is considerably less money, or spending more and getting the Browning Cynergy CX, I see merits in either direction but given I have no idea how into this I will be I am leaning towards spending less.