Author Topic: New to me Shadow 2  (Read 2154 times)

Offline daviscc

New to me Shadow 2
« on: September 17, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »
I am not a competition shooter, but ran across a Shadow 2 on Armslist that was said to be "in like new condition" and was willing to trade for a Sig P229.  Well, I just happened to have a Sig P229 that I have not fired in almost a year so I jumped on the deal. What a beautiful urban grey pistol. It is "like new" and from the inspection I think it has been fired very very little.  What a deal, and it shoots like a dream. All 5 of my CZ's are my favorite but this one just jumped to the from of the line.

Offline djw

Re: New to me Shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:56:50 PM »
saw one at my local shop. very nice indeed. great trigger and plenty of heft for probably a very light recoiling pistol. also not a competition shooter and so it would just be a range toy for me. anyway, use it in good health.

Offline Dzczp10

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 07:50:50 AM »
nice deal! I've been considering the Shadow 2 as well to compliment my P10c.I  came across this utube that explains differences in the SP01 and the factory modifications that  finally produced the great Shadow 2. Whether you have an SP01 or not it is worth looking at to understand some of the mechanics  I believe. Have fun shootin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-5M2tt-cBo

Offline daviscc

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
nice deal! I've been considering the Shadow 2 as well to compliment my P10c.I  came across this utube that explains differences in the SP01 and the factory modifications that  finally produced the great Shadow 2. Whether you have an SP01 or not it is worth looking at to understand some of the mechanics  I believe. Have fun shootin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-5M2tt-cBo

My first was a 75B and then a P-01 and then a 97B and now the Shadow 2.  I have installed Cajun springs in all of them after watching the videos. They are a challenge but patience wins out. Love CZ 's.

Offline daviscc

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
saw one at my local shop. very nice indeed. great trigger and plenty of heft for probably a very light recoiling pistol. also not a competition shooter and so it would just be a range toy for me. anyway, use it in good health.

That's exactly what it will be for me is a range gun. Love the way it shoots in spite of the weight. Very light recoil and very accurate.